Anyone felt drained after dropping HCG

Wendyk07

Mummy to Derrin and PAL
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just wondered if anyone felt drained when the HCG dropped from their system after a CP or ectopic?

I am so tired and lethargic. I cannot muster the energy to lift a finger let alone anything else. My DS is wrecking the house as we speak and i just dont have the energy. DS has never slept through the night so i know thats not helping but this whole feeling of "cant be arsed" is new to me.

Anyone else felt like this?

Wendy, I think just your body going through all of this is enough to make you exhausted. Let your DS do his thing; my theory has always been as long as no one is bleeding from a head wound, the kids are fine, lol.

Just take care of yourself! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Wendy
It took 8 weeks for my HCG levels to come down after my mc, and I was absolutely knackered for most of the time.

You will feel rubbish for a while I'd imagine as your body adjusts, as DMom rightly said your body is going through a lot and you need to listen to it and take some time out for some rest if you need to. Lots and lots of :hugs:

I just had an ectopic last week and was given Methotrexate. My BHCG level is coming down pretty quickly in just 4 days and I am also so tired. I can't shake it and it's driving me crazy. I just want to feel normal again.

Hope you feel back to normal soon. This is hard. :hugs:

I just had an ectopic last week and was given Methotrexate. My BHCG level is coming down pretty quickly in just 4 days and I am also so tired. I can't shake it and it's driving me crazy. I just want to feel normal again.

Hope you feel back to normal soon. This is hard. :hugs:

I havent had the methotrexate, they were going to give it to me last week but my HCG dropped dramatically and i was bleedign so they decided to leave it and let my body get on with it. Am back tomorrow for another blood test to see what my level is at now. Going by the now faint lines on the hpt's and this drained feeling that i cannot shake i think it should be almost at zero or at the very least under 50(i hope). I suppose it makes sense that with a huge drop in hormones that you would feel a little different but this is horrible. I cannot muster the energy to do anything and i have slept all day today and about to nod off here at the laptop. I am happy your hcg is dropping quickly. I have been at it for almost 5 weeks now with it dropping a little at a time and no scans showed anything so it was all recorded as "unexplained".

I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

When I first found out that my baby had no heartbeat at the ultrasound. That night I was wide a wake for the first time in 8 weeks. Prior to that I went to bed at 8:00 or 9:00 at night cause I was so tired. I was then tired the next couple of days too just like I was pregnant then when I had the actually natural MC, I could feel my body being drained of HGC.

When I first found out that my baby had no heartbeat at the ultrasound. That night I was wide a wake for the first time in 8 weeks. Prior to that I went to bed at 8:00 or 9:00 at night cause I was so tired. I was then tired the next couple of days too just like I was pregnant then when I had the actually natural MC, I could feel my body being drained of HGC.

I am so sorry for your loss hun. Its truely heartbreaking.

Its such a horrible feeling. I just have nothing in me. I am feeling llike a bad mum as well as i just havent had the energy to play with DS today at all. I know DH has more than made up for it but i cant help but feel that way. I just wish it was over now and i can get on with ttc. DH was reading my post earlier and hadnt realised just how bad i was feeling but he remembers the same thing happening to me after DS was born so in a way i am kind of glad that it is the hcg leaving my body and not something more sinister. Its also good to know that others have been like this as well.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->