Anyone from Nottingham / surrounding area?

MrsPoodle

Mummy of a Princess
Reaction score
We might have to move up there soon as hubby may get a job in Nottingham. Original plan was to live in Loughborough, but he's not keen now as he doesn't want that long of a commute.

What are the nice areas round there please so I can pre-empt and have a look? Thanks xx

ETA and are there any nice new estates? We quite like new build houses, thanks. x

Loughborough to notts isn't that far!! I'm in Leicester and there's some gorgeous places nr Loughborough!! Woodhouse eaves, quorn, rothley,swithland ... You might need a few quid though....

Well that's what I said! Seen a house I'd happily move into on rightmove there! Prices are so cheap compared to Gloucestershire!

I'm From Nottinghamshire..

area's to stay away from are Sneinton, Carlton, Bulwell, St Annes .. some of these are pretty rough.

I'm From near Bingham, which isn't far from Melton Mowbray.

I live in Nottingham :) do you know the area where he'd be working? City centre or outskirts?

I have lived in a few different areas in Nottingham but I'm from (and currently live) in South Nottingham.

He'd be working in the city centre. Thanks girls! What's Long eaton like? Seen some nice new houses there on rightmove.

I'm from Long Eaton. It's quite a big town with very nice parts (and huge houses) and also quite poor parts.

I live just outside Long Eaton on a new housing estate in Chilwell. The estate is really lovely (all of the houses are different, it's really attractive and has a big park in the middle). This is one house in the area (obviously it's a massive house but there are such a variety around here - we actually live in an apartment but there are a lot of town houses etc)

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/propert...F96649BA08EC226028B2C98D6AD16E1?premiumA=true

I'm from Nottingham. Right on the outskirts though, near Eastwood (near Ikea) x

Im from nottinghamshire in an area called mansfield (well im about 2 miles from mansfield) its about 25-30 minutes from notts depending on traffic, i never feel safe when im in nottingham city centre dont know why! Check nottinghamshire out if you dont want to live in the center theres some really nice areas :) xx

Lots of areas are being regenerated with new housing estates/shops ect, but with most places you get good bits of towns and bad bits of towns

I live in Nottingham (I'm not from there tho) Right a list of places to avoid

(deep breathe)

St annes
Meadows
Snieton
Cartlon
Thorneywood
Town Centre
Lenton (full of students)
Dunkirk
Lenton Abbey
Radford
Bobbersmill
Whitemoor
Bulwell
Strelley
Aspley
Bilbrough
Some areas of carrington
Some areas of Sherwood
Some areas of Arnold
Bestwood (not bestwood village)
Hyson Green
New Basford
Old Basford
Netherfield
Clifton

A bit of a list.

Really nice (but pricey) areas are...
West bridgford
The Park
Wilford
Woolaton
Trowell

There are some other areas which are okish but have some not so nice places as well e.g.
Mapperley
Long eaton
Sandiacre
Sawley
And many others.

LOL sorry for the long list, I have for the last 4 Years tried to find a nice place to live in Nottingham..... I am personally yet to find it!
Sorry if my 'bad places' list offends anyone.

xxx

I'm in Stapleford which is just in towards Notts from Long Eaton.

Long Eaton's mixed - some bits are really nice (the newer build bit out toward West Park has some really nice houses on it - the housing estate with all the roads named after types of coins), some of the bits further toward Sandiacre are a bit bleh... most of the schools I've always found OK (I do supply teaching so know lots of 'em) - couple of the ones with really nice kids in that I like are in Long Eaton for what that's worth. Technically it's in Derbyshire (well most of it is) but it's a bit confused because it's so close to the boundaries!

I like where we are - catchment for a good secondary, our neighbours are fab and it's got a decent selection of things like libraries and the like - only thing I'd change would be the whacking big hill back up to the house!

Possibly worth looking at where the new tram lines will be running if he works in the city centre - while the original tram runs through some "interesting" areas - the extension is going past some slightly nicer bits (I quite like Toton, obviously where I am in Stapleford, Chillwell's pretty nice too and they're all going to be hooked into the tram network when the extension gets built).

(Have never been able to stand West Bridgford - always seems hideously overpriced with no parking and they had massive problems with school place shortages this year - at one point there was muttering about them having to send kids over into The Meadows schools... you can imagine how that was viewed! In the end I think they put an extra class on in one of the schools to take the bulge.)

I'm in Stapleford which is just in towards Notts from Long Eaton.

Long Eaton's mixed - some bits are really nice (the newer build bit out toward West Park has some really nice houses on it - the housing estate with all the roads named after types of coins), some of the bits further toward Sandiacre are a bit bleh... most of the schools I've always found OK (I do supply teaching so know lots of 'em) - couple of the ones with really nice kids in that I like are in Long Eaton for what that's worth. Technically it's in Derbyshire (well most of it is) but it's a bit confused because it's so close to the boundaries!

I like where we are - catchment for a good secondary, our neighbours are fab and it's got a decent selection of things like libraries and the like - only thing I'd change would be the whacking big hill back up to the house!

Possibly worth looking at where the new tram lines will be running if he works in the city centre - while the original tram runs through some "interesting" areas - the extension is going past some slightly nicer bits (I quite like Toton, obviously where I am in Stapleford, Chillwell's pretty nice too and they're all going to be hooked into the tram network when the extension gets built).

(Have never been able to stand West Bridgford - always seems hideously overpriced with no parking and they had massive problems with school place shortages this year - at one point there was muttering about them having to send kids over into The Meadows schools... you can imagine how that was viewed! In the end I think they put an extra class on in one of the schools to take the bulge.)

You're just up the road from me! I'm near Chilwell barracks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->