Anyone from Taunton, UK? or surrounding

Geme26

First time Mummy
Reaction score
Is there anyone from Taunton, Somerset, England who would like a buddy?

I live near Taunton and will be having our baby at Musgrove at the end of April 2013.

This is our first baby and i'm very excited :)

:cloud9:

I'm in Crewkerne :)

Yay :)

Didn't expect to get a reply so quick. I have been on here for a few months and never seem to find anyone local, normally speaking to ladies in America!

I'm in Chard myself. Are you having your baby in Yeovil? Is this your first?
:flower:

Hi wow just up the road then. Yes it is my first due 19th March and we will be in Yeovil hospital.

I've been here since June and am yet to find anyone local. you must have your first scan coming up soon :)

Yes not far away at all, i'm amazed!

We have chosen Taunton hospital...we didn't know which one to choose and was put on the spot at the booking appointment, it was the first question the midwife asked and I was like I don't know! I don't know of anyone who have had babies so have no one to ask for recommendations. But I know Taunton hospital really well (unfortunately for unhappy reasons) and it will be quicker to get to so I thought let's go with that.

Yes I am so excited about the scan, I am hoping it will make it all feel more real. But I am 12 weeks on Monday and haven't had my letter through yet telling me when it will be. Were you exactly 12 weeks when you had yours?
And you aren't too far from your next scan how exciting!

I will just be so happy when I see our baby moving on the screen and to know that everything is okay :)

Hi sorry for late reply manic week.

I wanted to go to Dorchester Hospital as I was born and lived in Dorchester for 23 years so it's home, but i wasn't quick enough when they asked me which one I wanted. But never mind Yeovil is nearer and I know it pretty well.

Is this your first and how are you feeling?

I had my booking in appointment with the Midwife at 8 weeks and the scan date came a couple of weeks after. I was just over 12 weeks when I had it done but on the day of the scan I was told I was just over 13 weeks. Our baby was being a monkey and was lying on it's belly and wouldn't shift until it decided to turn it's back on us.

I heard the heartbeat this week which was Amazing. Only two more weeks till our 20 week scan and we will be finding out what we are having.

That is so exciting! I can't wait to see our baby...up until now it is all still so unbelievable. I feel I don't have enough evidence to prove to me that I am pregnant!

I am 12 weeks today and I received my letter with scan date on Friday...it is this Wednesday! I can't wait :)

Yes this is my first and I feel fine. I was feeling sick for about 1 week at 6 weeks pregnant. And since then I had food aversions - I couldn't eat certain foods it made me feel sick and I craved stuff I don't usually eat, all unhealthy things like crisps and chips! Not like me at all.

But now my stomach feels normal again, which is good. Apart from that I have horrible spots on my face that I can't get rid of :( I have no sex drive at all and some days I feel really down. Apart from these things i'm fine.

Did you have any sickness? Or other horrible symptoms?

I bet you are excited about knowing the sex...have you had a guess?

Hi I'm in Bridgwater and am 15 weeks today :happydance: I'm due 9th April. I've had one son at Yeovil and one at Musgrove. This one will be born at Musgrove but I must say I SO much preferred Yeovil Hospital - sorry!! LOL

It would be good to keep in touch XX

Hello!

Oh no that's not good maybe I should have gone for Yeovil!!
We had our first scan yesterday and it was the most magical thing I have ever seen. So unbelievable and emotional. I must say that I was impressed with the anti natal clinic at Musgrove - I went in early and they were so quick and efficient, I was literally in and then out! So unlike how you expect hospitals to be!

So how have you been? Any morning sickness?
Your scan is so clear it's amazing x

Hi all :)

Yeovil were pretty much the same we were early and we were seen early :)

So far I have been pretty lucky in this pregnancy which worries me slightly. I am exhausted most of the time but I work a 50 hr week so that's to be expected.
I've been sick a few times and at the beginning I felt soo sick but that has all cleared now. My bump has really grown this week and am all ready struggling with maternity clothes.

Hello!

We had our first scan yesterday and it was the most magical thing I have ever seen. So unbelievable and emotional. I must say that I was impressed with the anti natal clinic at Musgrove - I went in early and they were so quick and efficient, I was literally in and then out! So unlike how you expect hospitals to be!

Everyone says about the clear scan we just hope its clear enough at 20 weeks so we know what it is ;-)
I had horrible nausea all day and even waking through the night with it. I went right off all foods and the only drink I could manage was water!! My nose smelled absolutely everything ten fold and I had to drive myself everywhere cause I kept getting car sick! Lol. Thankfully it started to ease at about 9.5 weeks but its only last week I've managed to start eating whatever and whenever again!! How about you? Xxx

Hello!

Everyone says about the clear scan we just hope its clear enough at 20 weeks so we know what it is ;-)
I had horrible nausea all day and even waking through the night with it. I went right off all foods and the only drink I could manage was water!! My nose smelled absolutely everything ten fold and I had to drive myself everywhere cause I kept getting car sick! Lol. Thankfully it started to ease at about 9.5 weeks but its only last week I've managed to start eating whatever and whenever again!! How about you? Xxx

We had our scan last week and it was such an amazing experience, something I will always remember. Ours turned out clear too. DH was worried he wouldn't be able to see the baby, but he saw it straight away. It was amazing.

I'm so sorry to hear about the sickness...I didn't really have any. On my 6th week I felt a little queasy for a few days and I started eating all the time to help. I had food aversions, certain things I couldn't eat it made me feel sick. But that's it. I am now back to normal and a good stone heavier!

My scan last week dated me a few days ahead so I will now be 14 weeks tomorrow. This past week my breasts have been hurting sooo much. i didn't really get this in the previous weeks...perhaps i'm in for a growth spurt!

Are you showing much yet? Have you felt the baby kick yet? I can't wait to feel our baby kicking :)

Hi ladies. Got my 20 week scan next week so excited.

I have awful heartburn at the moment and the last two days my sickness has returned. Baby is now pressing on my bladder so I pee so much more.
I have felt a couple of kicks this week but then it goes quiet so looking forward to feeling a few more now.

Hi all :)

Yeovil were pretty much the same we were early and we were seen early :)

So far I have been pretty lucky in this pregnancy which worries me slightly. I am exhausted most of the time but I work a 50 hr week so that's to be expected.
I've been sick a few times and at the beginning I felt soo sick but that has all cleared now. My bump has really grown this week and am all ready struggling with maternity clothes.

Yes same here, I don't seem to do anything but work and sleep! We run our own business so it was 7 days a week 12 hour days before, but my husband has insisted I cut back so i'm down to 6 days a week and now only a 60 hour week. This has helped, although all I do when i'm at home is sleep!

I have put on about a stone in weight since the beginning of the pregnancy, as I am attracted to unhealthy foods! And before I was very healthy. But people have been asking me since I was 7 weeks if I was pregnant. Ridiculous. I had a lot of problems bloating and haven't been able to fit into any of my clothes for weeks now (i had to buy two pairs of elasticated jogging bottoms and live in them!) I am 14 weeks tomorrow and from looking at my pics (yes I photo myself once a week already haha) i have just started to properly show with a round bump. Next week I am going shopping for maternity clothes!

Hope all is well for you. :)

Ha ha!! I am also addicted to unhealthy food and am sure its starting to pile onto my bum!! My belly is definitely there. At about 14 weeks i had to update my wardrobe to accommodate my bump. Some people told me i looked different when i was in early pregnancy - not sure how but was just different. My boobs are killing at the moment but thankfully the low down pressure has mostly subsided!! Just major tired still though :-(.

I've put on a stone as well. In the 1st trimester I was eating every two hours but it seems to be better now.

Baby has been very active this last two days finally feeling it move which is just amazing. We are hopefully going to find out what we are having on Tuesday but I am already feeling it's a boy.

Ha ha!! I am also addicted to unhealthy food and am sure its starting to pile onto my bum!! My belly is definitely there. At about 14 weeks i had to update my wardrobe to accommodate my bump. Some people told me i looked different when i was in early pregnancy - not sure how but was just different. My boobs are killing at the moment but thankfully the low down pressure has mostly subsided!! Just major tired still though :-(.

Yes I have just started having to wear maternity trousers and i'm so glad! They are so comfy!
I have suffered terrible bloating so haven't actually been able to fit into any of my size 10 trousers for weeks...I had to buy some jogging bottoms with elasticated waists so have been living in them. It's so nice to wear a pair of feminine trousers!

My boobs are hurting me a lot at the moment too, whereas they haven't hurt a lot up until now. Not compared to this. And I am tired a lot still.

I've put on a stone as well. In the 1st trimester I was eating every two hours but it seems to be better now.

Baby has been very active this last two days finally feeling it move which is just amazing. We are hopefully going to find out what we are having on Tuesday but I am already feeling it's a boy.

Glad i'm not the only one!
I am so excited for you...about your scan! I have to wait another 6 weeks, mine came through for 12th December. Can't wait :) Can't wait to feel movements too...when did you feel them first?

Hi ladies
Sorry meant to come back earlier and tell you about the scan.

We are having a girl :) and all is well we got some amazing pictures and saw her little mouth opening and closing. She was be very active and has been ever since.

Hope you guys are all ok x

WOW !! A girl!! Brilliant! Is that what you were hoping for or were you not bothered either way? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->