Anyone get a BFP and too terrified to graduate to First Trimester group?

barbie72

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I have mostly been hanging out in the TWW area. However, I got my BFP this last Friday. We lost our first baby at 11 weeks in late November 2010. We waited one cycle and started over. We manged it on the first try which seems like too good to be true luck! Especially since it is only 2 months since the MC! However, I am finding I am much to scared to go into the first trimester for fear I will jinx it!! Anyone else having the same worry? Anyone want to buddy up and give it a try? Hoping this one is sticky.

Just wanted to say congratulations - you must be absolutely over the moon! That's good going to catch so soon. I can understand why you're nervous about going to first tri, I would be/will be too. But hey, you've got a BFP, so celebrate it and keep positive!

I wish you loads of luck and stickiness!!! x

Congratulation sweetie, you could go over to PAL ( pregnancy after loss) thread if you feel more comfortable :hugs:

:hugs: thank you to both of you!! I don't know why I am so nervous. I am definitely excited but trying not to get set up for disappointment again I guess. The pregnancy after a loss just seemed to depressing lol. I dunno prolly just still in shock! Thank you for the congratulations and the support. It helps to know others feel or will feel the same. Who knew this pregnancy business would ever be so tough?! Labor sure but pregnancy!?

I actually felt that way when I got my BFP with my last pregnancy! It took so long to get it, I didn't feel like I belonged in the 1st Trimester forum. But right from the beginning, I knew something was wrong with the pregnancy.

I think you should just celebrate! Move on into the 1st Trimester, cause honestly, you're in your first trimester!! :D Its so exciting!!

Yeah, who knew that GETTING pregnant was so hard! In school the teach "Use a condom or you WILL get pregnant!" PFFFFTTT What a joke! haha

Congratulations on your BFP hun! Hope you have a healthy 9 months, i think i would be scared to go into the first tri group when i eventually get my bfp again.

congratulations hun i think i would be scared to move to, only 1 week to go until your scan, i don't mind you talking about fears here until you have that all important 12 week scan x

Hello ladies,

I have mostly been hanging out in the TWW area. However, I got my BFP this last Friday. We lost our first baby at 11 weeks in late November 2010. We waited one cycle and started over. We manged it on the first try which seems like too good to be true luck! Especially since it is only 2 months since the MC! However, I am finding I am much to scared to go into the first trimester for fear I will jinx it!! Anyone else having the same worry? Anyone want to buddy up and give it a try? Hoping this one is sticky.

Hi Barbie72 - I am in the same boat! Got my BFP on Saturday and although I am so happy and grateful that it worked on our second try, I am terrified of miscarrying again. I have been to the PAL forum and it is very supportive. We could start to move over there together? :flower:

I will miss all the ladies here though, they have been amazing!

Xpecta: Agreed! I was pretty shocked when we started trying and found out what they tell you in school is true but only apparently for those super fertile teens lol.
Samantha&Niamh: Thank you for the support! I definitely have that 12 weeks as a bench mark in my head. Maybe it gets easier from there.
Glaciergirl: I would love to have a pal to move over with! Otherwise I think I would just lurk around looking at posts for the next few weeks lol.

Barbie72 - I suggest you head over to the PAL section. I was there for a while adn the girls are brilliant. I can't wait til I get pregnant again to join them all (although most I knew are now at the stage of giving birth).

They will help you through every stage of the pregnancy and always there for support and comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->