Anyone get an early private scan UK?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
I really want to tell our son about the baby, he'll be so excited. Also he's a smart cookie and I'm sure he's going to figure it out soon. But until I see bubs on the screen I just don't feel confident. I've found a scan place that charges £75 for a scan from 7 weeks. I've got a couple of questions...

-What can we expect to see at 7/8 weeks?
-If bubba is healthy with a heartbeat at that gestation then can we be more confident of a successful pregnancy?

The chance of miscarriage after a heartbeat is detected at 8 or so weeks is a lot less then beforehand. You can Google the statistic. I think it goes down to something like 5% risk?

(At the beginning of first tri the risk is more like 15 to 20%, depending on your age, etc.)

Agreed with PP. I like to YouTube ultrasounds for whatever week and day I will be so I can get a better idea of what can be seen at that gestational age.

I have had NHS scans at 6, 7, 8, and 10 weeks. There is a massive difference from week to week at those early stages!

At 7 weeks you should see a little tadpole with a beating wart, not particularly baby like. At 8 weeks baby starts to look a bit more baby like.

I would hold off until 8 rather than 7. After seeing a heartbeat your chance of miscarriage does decrease, however from experience there are still no guarantees that everything will be okay. Then again, it isn't just a magical decrease in risk at 12 weeks - each day decreases your risk.

Good luck!

I had a private one at 7+1 and saw a little bean with a little heart best. It was amazing, especially after a previous loss, and so worth the money. Although I can't say much for statistics of miscarriage after that point our little bean is now a healthy 7mo giant bean.

Best of luck! ☺

I've booked one at 8 weeks for £65. 8 weeks in my previous pregnancies is when it looked more like a baby than just a blob lol.

Also heartbeat at 8 weeks and a good scan means at 98% chance of pregnancy progessing to full term :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->