Anyone given birth in Ninewells Hospital, Dundee?

J

JacquiKeren

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had given birth in Ninewells hospital and what there veiw of it was? Its a huge teaching hospital and i always said i never wanted to go tho but i dont have much choice as we now live in Dundee.

Also if anyone would like to be bumpbuddies id love to hear from you. this is our first baby and im slightly terrified/mervous/excited everything really. eek! I worked out im due 3rd September xx

Hello!
Im pregnant with my first and i live in Perth!I have the option of having my baby in Perth Royal Infirmary or Ninewells, if my pregnancy goes well and it looks as if the birth will be uneventfull im advised to go to Perth, but i do have the option of going to Ninewells, and to be honest i think im going to go to Ninewells as they have everything needed there if anything was to happen, and at Perth they only have midwives so if any complications happen i would be taken to ninewells anyway!
Long story but what im trying to say is that I would have no reservations of having a baby in Ninewells so I hope this helps you!
Michelle xx

I've only just seen this.
I've had 3 babies in ninewells but that was before they had the new midwife led unit.
I dont know much about it as I didnt even know it existed but if you google it sounds really good!
I'm booked for arbroath but now I'm considering switching to the MLU in ninewells instead.
They still have the old labour suite for people who need a bit more help, the MLU is seperate, has 2 pools and is for people who havent had any complications in their pregnancy/labour :)

I'm due on 19th August and live over in Fife.

I won't be giving birth at Ninewells (Forth Park in Kirkcaldy for me!), but I've got a couple of friends who have recently given birth at Ninewells and they both seemed very happy with it. Hopefully that will put your mind at ease a little! x

I'm due on 19th August and live over in Fife.

I won't be giving birth at Ninewells (Forth Park in Kirkcaldy for me!), but I've got a couple of friends who have recently given birth at Ninewells and they both seemed very happy with it. Hopefully that will put your mind at ease a little! x

Hey I'm Due 23rd August! :) Live in Dundee, but used to stay in Fife! :)

To the OP: My friend gave birth there 11 weeks ago, I was with her - and the midwifes were amazing! and everything is in such good condition and the atmosphere is good too, I would recommend ninewells :)

My SIL delivered there, i lived in edzell and had the option of going to either that or aberdeen or montrose birth centre, i choose the birth centre but had to be transfer to aberdeen.

My SIL didnt have any problems in Dundee for her thrid though, seemd really efficiant.

If you really would prefer somewhere else you can choose to go whereever you like, however from what i have heard its good.

not sure if this does scotland (in im wales now) https://www.drfosterhealth.co.uk/birth-guide/

if it does its brilliant to compare hospitals

I also had my first baby in Ninewells, and will have this second baby there too.
I would warmly recommend it, I've got absolutely no complaints - everything worked well, they kept an close eye on you if needed and left you alone if you wanted to. And, they took us in with open arms to NICU where my daughter spent the first 5 weeks of her life. :flower:

Hi I'm in Dundee too, due in October, I don't want to give birth there either so planning a home birth! I had go there recently and it's def made my mind up!

I have had all my 3 children delivered there and this will be my 4th. The midwives are lovely and they really do look after you

Hey everyone

Im TTC #2 but worried about where I have to go

This time im classed as overweight so I don't think im allowed to go to my nearest midwife led unit. WEll you certainly weren't when I had my first

Before you used to go to ninewells have your baby and then if everthing was okay with you and baby you were transferred to your local unit, but apparently the rules have changed.

I hated my experience with #1 at ninewells. I was left in labour by myself. Birthing partner wasn't allowed as it was outside visiting hours, put in a bath and just left until I then got rushed into theatre where I was placed on bed, the theatre person was then running about the room trying to set it up while I was by myself! I really don't want to go there again but I think my I wil have to go :(

I had bilateral notching first time around hence why I had to go to ninewells in first place, I also got a 3rd degree tear as they would give me the cut so I practically burst open and nearly died :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->