Anyone good at figuring out how baby is positioned?

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
My baby has been head down at my 28 and 30 week appointments.
She was back to back the last time.

Today I'm feeling her different than usual.

On the right side, I feel what I think is her spine ..
Up near my ribs on the right side is what I think is her butt.
On the left down low near my groin is what I think are her hands
I located her heartbeat in the middle, maybe a little to the right, pretty low down.
BUT I feel something hard near my belly button on the left too?

She keeps on sticking something out on the lower left.. making me almost pee myself!
I can feel her punches on the lower left ,they're so low just a tiny bit above my pubic bone, If I want to feel them I have to stick my hands in my pants.

I'm confused?

Just wondering cause usually I feel knees or elbows poking out on the right side, as she's usually located on the left with her back.. but not today!
I'm not feeling anything stick out like that.

I'm no good at it! Didn't want to read and run...I told DH the other day that I think I'm giving birth to an octopus, based on all the pokes and hard bulges I feel all at once! :)

It sounds like baby is still head down. The hard spot on the left is probably a knee.

I agree- hard spot is probably a knee. Sounds like baby's back is more towards the front and head down- don't forget- they like to put their feet up by their heads! (my little one was sucking on her toes and umbilical chord at my 3d/4d ultra sound today). Your baby's position sounds a lot like my baby's position.

Thanks ladies.

Missfox, thats so cute, my baby had her foot in her face too at her 4d ultrasound a few weeks ago!

Someone posted this awhile ago and I found it helpful.

https://www.spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"