Anyone got a 2.5 - 3 year gap between babies?

redpoppy

Reaction score
And how did that work out for you? :coffee:

I've started thinking about the next baby and what type of gap is best. Ideally I wanted a 2 year gap but I feel I won't be able to physically and emotionally as well able to deal with that as a 2.5 - 3 year gap. (obviously subject to conceiving!)

Wondering if anyone has experience, what the pros and cons were in their situation and how difficult things where and why? Did you regret it? Would you have preferred earlier or later?

Thanks ladies! :flower:

my daughter was 3yrs 4 months when my son was born. She is just like a wee mummy with him and can do most things herself ie get her clothes off put on pj's and she was fully off nappies when he came along too which was a blessing. i feel i coped well with the two of them, mind you i did have a lot of help from family.

good question! I am thinking about the same gap (if we concieve within an "average" time range) and i'm hoping that 2.5-3 years means...

a little bit more understanding of a new baby by my daughter
only the newborn being in nappies
a little bit more independance for my daughter
still close to eachother i.e not such a big gap that they cant have a close sibling bond
(i say this because i have a brother whos 7 years younger and while we're close, its less sibling like as i mother him)

just my thoughts/hopes on the matter :)

I have a 4 year age gap between my girls (i planned it this way and was lucky enough to have my plan work)

i enjoyed all the time i had with my eldest and my youngest was born a couple of months before my eldest started school, which means quality time with my youngest to.

having worked with children age 0-5 for over 10 years this highly influenced my decision in my choice to have a 4 year gap and if i had another i would again have the same age gap without any doubt in my mind.

i think you need to go with what feels right for you there are pro's and con's to all age gaps it all depends on what feels right for you x

My gap is 3 yrs and its worked best for us. I didn't want a smaller gap as I didnt want a double buggy lol but also I needed DD to be at an age where she could understand that in the first few months I may be abit preoccupied with LO and also I needed her to exercise some patienc, which she does beautifully. I didnt want to be in a situation where I have 2 children crying at once and I had to sacrifice one for the other IYKWIM. The proof for us lies in the fact that we have had NO jealousy whatsoever.

My gap is 3 yrs and its worked best for us. I didn't want a smaller gap as I didnt want a double buggy lol but also I needed DD to be at an age where she could understand that in the first few months I may be abit preoccupied with LO and also I needed her to exercise some patienc, which she does beautifully. I didnt want to be in a situation where I have 2 children crying at once and I had to sacrifice one for the other IYKWIM. The proof for us lies in the fact that we have had NO jealousy whatsoever.

I will have a 2 1/4 year age gap so little bit less, ty for asking the question :thumbup:

Good luck :D

xxx

I have a 2yr 9 month age gap between my oldest dd's and it worked really well for us. DD1 loved to help us look after her new sister and now they are the best of friends (well, most of the time) and love to play together.
I have a 16 month gap between dd2 and dd3 and that was hard, still is at times. :flower: xxx

Yup ds1 is 2 years and 9 months older than ds2. I love it. They are both boys and they do play together. ds1 is 3.5 years now and ds2 is 9 months. They like eachother and seem to be friends. ds1 was in underwear by the time ds2 came, and it's really been easy having 2 kids for me.

Well I can't say yet how it's going to work out but we will have a 2 and a half year gap between my two. It was a conscious decision to enable us to have the free nursery places by the time I'd be returning to work after the second mat leave. It's not the only reason but financially it's very significant for us! As far as pregnancy goes Byron knows we're having a baby and she will be his little sister and he will have to share (no!) and we will all love him just as much etc etc. He's quite excited about a lot of things and is pretty keen on other babies. We got him a baby doll for Christmas too and he takes her to bed every night and seems to really like having her and taking care of her. Fingers crossed all will be well. We're also hoping Byron will be out of nappies but it's not looking like he quite will be!

Well I can't say yet how it's going to work out but we will have a 2 and a half year gap between my two. It was a conscious decision to enable us to have the free nursery places by the time I'd be returning to work after the second mat leave. It's not the only reason but financially it's very significant for us! As far as pregnancy goes Byron knows we're having a baby and she will be his little sister and he will have to share (no!) and we will all love him just as much etc etc. He's quite excited about a lot of things and is pretty keen on other babies. We got him a baby doll for Christmas too and he takes her to bed every night and seems to really like having her and taking care of her. Fingers crossed all will be well. We're also hoping Byron will be out of nappies but it's not looking like he quite will be!

OOOOOOH!!!! I don't think I realised you were pregnant or maybe I did and already congratulated you but if not CONGRATULATIONS! Albeit a little late. :flower:

I will harass you in a few months time to see how it's all going. :winkwink:

Haha feel free! Hopefully going well! Do let me know if you get a bfp! :hugs:

Haha feel free! Hopefully going well! Do let me know if you get a bfp! :hugs:

Not yet woman!!! Thinking maybe sept onwards perhaps. Am very keen to lose my baby weight as carrying the excess into third tri ain't gonna be easy! I've been quite lazy about it. :blush:

Lol I just meant because I'll be knocking around different areas then so might miss it! Good luck with the weight. I generally ignore 'weight' altogether!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->