Anyone got scan in the next week and feeling scared and anxious?

izzlesnizzle

Reaction score
I cant help worrying myself about this 12 week scan on weds. I wake up in the night having been dreaming about the neck measurements being over 3mm. Wish i didnt know about what the NT scan involves rather than having already read whats normal and whats abnormal as ive just started dreaming about it now and waking up panicking! Can NOT wait for this scan to be done then hopefully i will stop feeling guilty about people knowing and be happy!

Probably my fault for jumping over to 2nd trimester and reading the threads on NT scan measurements!

Anyone else feeling anxious about their scan?

I have a scan on Tuesday and I'm nervous! It's totally normal to be worried before a scan. I'm 18 weeks and still get it. Once you see your LO on the screen, you'll be fine. I didn't want the downs syndrome testing. I decided I'd prefer not to know as I'd still carry and love my baby either way but didn't want it to put a downer on my pregnancy and make me worry more. But while in the room the lady said it just takes a minute or so to measure the back of the neck so I let her do it. Wasn't even worried while she was doing it. After a couple of minutes, Your mind will be at ease and while taking the measurements, you'll just be so in awe looking at your baby that it wont be as nerve racking as you think. Good luck :)

I was absolutely TERRIFIED before my NT scan... I have a bad history so I was 100% sure that I'd learn that either my baby was dead, or like you said there would be obvious problems.

Everything went fine; in fact it was perfect! I'm sure yours will be too! We hear about the not-so-great results all the time, but those are such a tiny minority... the vast, vast majority of pg's are perfectly fine, as I'm sure yours is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->