Anyone had 12week scan and measure small?

loz202

Reaction score
Hi had my 12 week scan today and thought I was 12+2 but only measured 10 weeks. This is my 4th baby and I have always went for scan and there has been a few days of a difference but nothing as big as 2 weeks. Wondering if I've just got my dates totally wrong or if it could just be that it is a small baby to go back in 2 weeks for another scan.

Thanks
Xx

Are you positive on your dates? And was everything else ok - good heartbeat?

I know it would worry me some, but it could all be fine. I am measuring about half a week behind by LMP, but since I know I ovulated late I am actually right on. Maybe you ovulated later than you think? Plus ultrasounds can be off. My OB said he feels confident plus or minus 5 days. So lets say you ovulated 5 days later than you think, plus the scan was off by 4-5 days. That could account for most of that 2 week difference.

Thanks karoolia suppose when you think of it like that. Can't wait till next scan to get proper due date as they couldn't get it today. Everything else with baby was fine xx

I had quite a few scans this pregnancy because of previous losses and while mostly the measurements were consistent a couple were out, which worried me. I think scans generally aren't that accurate so I think most likely baby is totally fine :)

I think you're in good shape then! Baby may have been wiggling around a little too much too and thrown off the measurements. Try not to worry and hopefully your next scan will reassure you.

The next two weeks are going to drag in. she did mention baby's chin was on its chest so maybe that didn't help and had to get me to shake my hips to see if baby would move 😂 Roll on two weeks time x

My babies never seem to cooperate with being measured. Ive always been put ahead. So i think it can measure abit either side. If hb was good hopefully baba was just curled up abit xx

Yeah, when did you get bfp? If baby was measuring let's say AT LEAST 10 weeks, because we know it was minimum 10 plus however many days more it would've been if baby had been more straightened out, and heartbeat and all else looked fine, I'd say baby is hopefully probably ok because chromosomal things etc tend to have already happened before 10 weeks. But like one pp asked id be looking at when you'd got your bfp?

Sometimes scans can be off by quite a bit, hopefully your next scan will set your mind at ease.

when did you get a bfp thats a good indication if you dont track ovulation if could be out by a couple of weeks x

Got my pfp on 17th of July but new I was before that he we had been away in holiday and waited till I came back to do test to confirm. Xx

so when you did the test you must have been about 5 weeks pregnant so thats a conceive date of around the 12 th june that would make you about 10 weeks ish does that sound about right to you ?

I got my bfp on the 19th of July and I am 9w5d so your scan dates sound kind of right. My scan also showed baby a week and 2 days behind but that would be impossible as I would have only been 6dpo when I got a positive. I think if babies fine and heartbeat is good there is nothing to worry about. I hope the scan in 2 weeks puts your mind at ease. Despite the heartbeat of bubs being good and sonographer said everything looked healthy I can't help but worry also.

I was told there wa nothing on my US at my scan I was supposed to be 7 weeks....I was given the option to MC naturally or the pill that would kick start everything. Well the next day right before I was given the prescription for the pill, my Dr said I'm sending you to hospital just for a second opnion. Well I went to hospital not expecting anything ant there was a baby strong heartbeat measuring almost 8weeks. Now I'm 19w w a very active baby boy. Anyway in short, give it time and wait it out. US MACHINES can be so off and mess everything up!

I was told there wa nothing on my US at my scan I was supposed to be 7 weeks....I was given the option to MC naturally or the pill that would kick start everything. Well the next day right before I was given the prescription for the pill, my Dr said I'm sending you to hospital just for a second opnion. Well I went to hospital not expecting anything ant there was a baby strong heartbeat measuring almost 8weeks. Now I'm 19w w a very active baby boy. Anyway in short, give it time and wait it out. US MACHINES can be so off and mess everything up!

Wow that is so lucky your dr sent you for a second opinion!!! Crazy what can be missed sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->