Anyone had a cyst on ovary?

mummy2jack

Reaction score
Sorry this may be tmi but just wondered if any of you have any experience of this. I am goin to the docs on Wed but thought i would just ask...
Sorry for the tmi but when i was having sex other night, something kept really hurtin, it was like when the tip of his "ahem" hit something it shouldn;t caused me lots of pain, afterwards i went to the loo and i was bleeding. Nothin major, just 2 little spots of blood. Anyway a bit of history now.....when i was 9 weeks pregnant i was in hospital with what i thought was an ectopic pregnancy, they did the scans and it came up that i had "corpus luteum" or something. When i went for my 12 week scan, (i was actually 16 weeks) again something was mentioned bout something on my ovary Anyway, i told her bout the sex thing that hapened and she mentioned cysts. I looked on internet and saw something about corpus lutuem and its just got me wonderin it the sex thing IS connected. Sex has been painful for a while - before i got pregnant even. Has aynone had cysts or anything like this, i'm not even sure i understand the corpus luteum thing! I was just so buzzin that my baby was fine i havent even thought bout it til now. Should i have been checked out after having my son?
Sorry that turned out longer than i thought!!
Thanks in advance xxx

This post won't be of much help at all but i have a dermoid cyst on my left ovary. I find it painful during sex if it hits a certain point and TMI but it causes me not to be able to do certain positions because it realy feels as though it is banging my cyst almost! I havn't heard of corpus luteum but off to google it now!x

The corpus luteum forms after every cycle and if you're pregnant it sticks around to produce progesterone until the placenta develops and if you're not pregnant it normally goes away after 2 weeks but sometimes it can stick around and thats when it becomes a cyst. I had one last year and I remember it was very painful, can't recall that it was painful during sex but I suspect I didn't even have sex while I had it cos the pain it gave in my side was so bad. If the pain is bad go see your doctor, if its big it might have to be removed. If sex has been painful for a while you might be getting recurring cysts.

i have an appointment on wed. can they just go away on their own? I nderstand that with the copus luteum thing if no pregnancy it goes on its own usually but i was pregnant when that was mentioned, would it still be there 7 weeks later? And if so, could it still be there now?
And bbyno1 - it wasnt tmi - we kept tryin to change positions to see if it stopped happening cos OOOUUCHH!!! had to stop in end :dohh:

They can go away on their own, mine went away by itself. Have you had any periods since pregnancy? If so then I would imagine it wouldn't be the same one, but could be a new one but I'm not sure, maybe it can stick around that long.

They can go away on their own, mine went away by itself. Have you had any periods since pregnancy? If so then I would imagine it wouldn't be the same one, but could be a new one but I'm not sure, maybe it can stick around that long.

I haven't had a period yet no but i bf so just ssumed it was cos of that. The pains i get are very random, sometimes they are sharp shootin pains and other times they are like really deep achy pain. Sometimes it might last a few minutes, others longer, its all very random so i suppose thats why not really thought bout it all til the sexy reminder lol. is that what it was like for you? i now weigh 2.5stone less than i did before i was pregnant, could that have anything to do with it? Sorry if i'm doin your head in with all the questions! lol

Its a bit hard to remember as it was a year ago but I think I had sharp shooting pains and a general ache and I had bleeding as well that lasted several days (was almost like a period but came at the wrong time of the month)
Don't know if you losing weight could have anything to do with it, maybe it makes you feel it more?
Haha the questions are fine, I hope my answers can help!

I had the exact same thing. When an egg is released from the ovary it forms a little bump and the egg bursts out of it. Sometimes the egg doesn't get released and the lump gets bigger and bigger. The good news is that it's as random as a spot. They just happen for no real reason so you're unlikely to get another. I noticed mine during sex and thought my coil had moved. My doctor gave me an ultrasound and she saw a cyst about 2cms big. She left it for six weeks to see if it would go away on it's own. Unfortunately it didn't and it grew to the size of a plum. I was in a lot of pain by that point and couldn't walk easily. I had a quick keyhole operation to remove it which took just over an hour. That's the worst case scenario though and it really wasn't so bad! I have two tiny scars on my tummy from it but they're barely noticeable.

I had a massive ovarian cyst - found when i was pregnant in 2009. Mine didn't go away and I had to have an operation after the pregnancy - the op was simple and done by key hole - I have a couple of tiny scars and recovery time was very quick. Mine was not a simple to do because of a botched surgery I had years ago - my cyst was round my bowel and I lost a fallopian tube when they removed it BUT this was because they think it had been there for YEARS and previous surgery issues (they got over one and a half liters of fluid out of my cyst it was that big!) I still went on to concieve my daughter in 2010. I was told Cysts are really common they often only find them when you are scanned for something else like pregnancy.

i had a cyst on both my ovaries that didnt go away and had to have keyhole surgery to remove them. that was about 5 years ago. didnt affect my fertility or anything, surgery was simple and fast, just a small scar in my belly button.

thanks for your replies. i was telling my grandma about it yesterday and she told me she had a cyst and it weighed 8lb when it was removed!!! my son didn't even weigh that. She also had to have her ovaries removed cos of it. I am at the docs at 10.30 so ewill know more then. Thanks ladies xxx

Its a bit hard to remember as it was a year ago but I think I had sharp shooting pains and a general ache and I had bleeding as well that lasted several days (was almost like a period but came at the wrong time of the month)
Don't know if you losing weight could have anything to do with it, maybe it makes you feel it more?
Haha the questions are fine, I hope my answers can help!

Again sorry for tmi. i have had irregular bleeding for ages before i got pregnant. i had the implant in and where as you normally have 4 days of bleedin a month....i would have 4 days of not! Had implant removed cos put it down to that but then got pregnant straight away so dont really know!! Will see what doc says today xx

an 8lb cyst?! wow!
I remember when I was in the hospital with the cyst I woke up in the night freaking out that I would lose my ovaries cos that happened to my sister-in-law, had a complete meltdown but it was all ok in the end.

Hopefully your doc will say everything is alright

:hugs:
Yeah 8lb!! My gran can be a bit of a jackanory sometimes tho lol
Glad it was all ok, i'll fill you in later xxx

haha yeah maybe an exaggeration! I've heard of them being the size of an orange though, that seems really big to me. Mine was only 3cm if I remember right.

Well been to docs, he couldn't relly tell me much as my notes about it aren't on the system so he is just sending me straight for a scan so will no more after that! xx

I had an ovarian cyst when I was pregnant - it got 10cm big. By the time I was 20 weeks pregnant it had completely disappeared on its own though.

Good that he's sending you for a scan, only way to really find out for sure. Let us know how it goes!

I have a dermoid cyst on my right ovary. If your's is a functional cyst, I might not be of much help either. Mines about 5 cm, solid, and very painful.
I'm supposed to go for laroscopic surgery when ever they can give me a date.

Functional cysts can go away on their own. Have you had an ultrasound, that will help determine the make up of the cyst.
Or an x-ray. Mine for example was visible on the x-ray because it is likely calcified in parts.

When I had to have an emergency op to have my appendix out 3 years ago, they found a cyst on my right ovary and took it out. I didn't get told much about it, just that they found it and took it out.
I think it was that that was making sex sometimes painfull as after it was gone, I had no pain during/after.
I never had any check ups after for it tho :-k

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->