Anyone had a positive on an OPK 2 days before period is due?

Melissa1991

Reaction score
So I was having a read online, as you do, about anything pregnancy related. Came across a post that said OPK strips can not determine the difference between HCG and ovulation so thought, what have I got to lose. 2 days before AF is due.

Although now I'm regretting my choice as my preg test came back negative earlier but the OPK is saying faint positive. I'm 12dpo so no way should I be showing positive for ovulation. A little help please?

Opk strips will always show a faint positive. It tests for LH, which is always in the body. The surge creates the positive opk. If you're pregnant it will show as a strong positive. Theoretically speaking.

Opk strips will always show a faint positive. It tests for LH, which is always in the body. The surge creates the positive opk. If you're pregnant it will show as a strong positive. Theoretically speaking.

See normally I only get one line when I'm not ovulating. This is the first time I've had 2 lines out of ovulation x

20190704_194728.jpg

It doesn't matter if you get a faint line on OPK test strip, cos it picks up LH which is always there in your body like the other poster told above.

Wait until you miss your period to find out on a pregnancy test strip/FRER for accurate result. Take a test either with FMU or evening one(Avoid fluids for 3 hours prior to test and do not urinate in that 3 hours)

It doesn't matter if you get a faint line on OPK test strip, cos it picks up LH which is always there in your body like the other poster told above.

Wait until you miss your period to find out on a pregnancy test strip/FRER for accurate result. Take a test either with FMU or evening one(Avoid fluids for 3 hours prior to test and do not urinate in that 3 hours)

Normally throughout my cycle I only get 1 line until I come close to or begin to ovulate. I had double lines to confirm ovulation on cd12, cd13 and then again cd27?
Mega confused right about now. Never had 2 surges in 1 cycle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"