Anyone had a private scan between 12/13 weeks and 15-ish weeks..?

MemmaJ

Reaction score
So considering this is probably our last baby, I've become a little bit fixated on finding out the gender. I'm only 7+5 but have been researching all the 'theories' etc and I just want to know one way or the other as soon as possible.

I know I can't wait until 20 weeks - last time, we paid for an earlier private gender scan. Their policy stated it was for after 16 weeks but I was something like 15+3 and just booked a normal 'reassurance' scan, knowing full well we'd ask to see the gender while we were there and hope for the best..! We could all very obviously see boy-bits so I know you CAN see it sooner.

I've discovered through this forum that some countries (e.g South Africa) tell you the gender at the 12/13 week scan (and are quite accurate)
I know they would never do it at an NHS 12 week Scan - but I'm wondering if we paid for a private scan around that time, would they let us see a 'potty shot' if we asked...?!
I'm not saying I would ask them to tell us the gender as I know they'd say no - so infact I'd probably do the opposite and tell them I don't expect them to SAY anything, we'd just like to look at that particular view and see if we can make anything out ourselves.

Do you think they would accommodate that seeing as we'd be paying for it..?!

Not sure about the ultrasound front but if are really desperate to know, you could get an NIPT. That would give you almost 100% certain by 9-10 weeks as well as the chromosome tests

Yes I'd already thought about Harmony Test but unfortunately we can't afford that amount of money..!

We had a private 3D/4D gender scan at 14 weeks and once baby cooperated, the sex was very obvious. They guaranteed gender at 14+ weeks.

Do you know what company that was? All the ones round our way say 16 weeks onwards! :-(

I went to mine today here in the US at Ultrasona. They guarantee at 14 weeks, but you can go at 13 weeks.

I measured 15 weeks, but am 14+1. It was obvious without question.

I had a gender scan at 16 weeks with babybond (i'm in the UK). Was worth it :)

UK seems to be the only country that won't do it before 16 weeks! :-(

UK seems to be the only country that won't do it before 16 weeks! :-(

'Hello Baby' in St Helen's will try from around 14+5, but one of the sonographers there did say that extra little bit of time makes a big difference. I don't know what kind of accuracy rating they have at that point, but I had a 16 week one there and the woman got it wrong - she was training on the 4D aspect but is an experienced sonographer and lecturer on sonography at university level. However, she wasn't a regular staff member as far as I could tell. The other scans I have had there were accurate for gender xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->