Anyone had a sweep at 38 weeks, Did it work??

amybe

Reaction score
I just had a sweep before leaving hospital today at 38 weeks due to consistent high bp & protien & leukocytes in urine, She said I might feel crampy which I did for an hour or so but now I'm having pains in my tummy and back, I swear it's doing something already! I was 2cm dilated when she did it, Do you think it will work soon? I have another on Monday if this one fails...Anyone had one around 38 weeks? Did it work? Thanks!!

I had one at 38wks with my son, I had what you were feeling and was also 2-3cm.

It all stopped a few hours later and I had a second one a week later, I had him when I was 39+5 a couple of hours before my third sweep was booked :)

I didn't do all the things they recommended though, like going for long walks, bouncing on ball, having sex.

No but my friend did last week and had her baby the next day

I had it at exactly 38,had baby 38+2. I was 3 cm 75% effaced when he did it , and it was the second time id had it done. WALK.

i walked around the mart the first day but stopped because i was exhausted. Had contractions ten minutes apart for 1.5 hours and then they fizzled out.

next day i did some walking,and then some more walking, got more contractions and stayed upright until they were about 8 min apart, and a bit painful. Eventually fell asleep(12AM) and by 330AM i woke to somewhat painful contractions every 8-12 minutes. Baby boy was born at 703 AM :D

I had a sweep at 38 weeks with my 2nd. I lost my show over a few days then at 39 weeks my waters went so im not sure if it actually helped or not... xx good luck xx

Aah thanks ladies, Well I've had a huge bloody show this afternoon, Yuck!..and I have niggley pains, I technically had 2 sweeps today as a student midwife got assessed doing it after the midwife did hers first, I was like YES, I will volounteer, ha!! We are off for a brisk walk to the park in a mo with our 2yo boy :-D..x

I had mine a day before 39 weeks. So far I've just had a bloody show and that's about it. I've walked, DTD and now I'm playing Just Dance. Hahaha I figure maybe a little booty shaking will knock him loose. Hoping for something to happen tomorrow because it's my DH's b'day!

Ooo I'll be stalking this as I've got a sweep booked for 38+1 and again at 38+3, all before they induce me at 38+4!!!

Hope things progress for you.

I'm the opposite I may have sweep Tuesday at 38+2 but really need baby to stay put until past thursday. Hoping first sweep doesn't work for me

I had one 2 days ago. I was 2 to 3 cm. Had bloody show since, painless tightenings and some cramps but it hasn't done much else. I have another in a few days.

My last pregnancy I had a sweep at my 38 week appointment. I was about 2cm dilated already I believe. I got the sweep on a Tuesday morning. Wednesday I had some intense cramping that developed into contractions. I went to L&D and was 3cm dilated. They had me walk around for 2 hours but my cervix didn't change so they sent me home. Thursday I walked around all morning, did some squats to help bring the baby down and had some serious lower back pain (my daughter was sunny-side-up so I had back labor the whole time.) Toward the evening I felt like my waters were leaking so I kept an eye on it, not wanting to go to L&D only to be sent home again. I was in tears when I was discharged the night before lol.

Anyway... the leaking feeling wasn't getting any better, neither was my back pain so I called the on-call doc who told me to go in & get checked out to be safe. Got there around midnight on Friday, nurse told me it probably was just increased discharge which is normal at the end of pregnancy but they swabbed & tested it and sure enough it was my waters leaking so I was admitted.

Sweep at 2cm on a Tuesday morning, progressed to 3cm by Wednesday night, delivered on Friday.

Good luck.

Mine was Thursday at 38+1 and my cervix was mostly closed and thick, she said she couldn't even reach through.. So no it didn't work for me...I have another one this thursday, hoping for some change as I will be 39+1

Well the first sweep I had on Saturday has just given me loads of mucus loss and some blood, painless contractions, cramping and back ache over the last 48 hours...Currently sat here waiting for the midwife to come over to give me a 2nd sweep, Fingers crossed this one works!!...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->