Anyone had a VBA2C or HWBA2C

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
Currently planning my third baby and am desperate to VBAC

My first was EMCS after failure to progress from a 37 week induction which led to a distressed baby

Second was EMCS after going into labour naturally but becoming hypotensive after having an epidural which led to foetal distress again.

I've worked out what I need to do - I need to do hypnobirthing, avoid an epidural at all costs and go into hospital as far into labour as possible

Which is why I'm considering a VBA2C at the very least or preferably a HWBA2C. But my bet is that the hospital will immediately say no to the home birth and not sure about the hospital VBA2C

Does anyone have any experience or advise? I don't even know where to start!

hiya im in same situation as you, ive got 2 children both born by c-sections, first induced and failure to progress 9cm and 2nd went into labour myself 10cm but section due to cord prolapse due to them breaking my waters, im now 33 weeks pregnant and going to try again for a vbac ive seen 2 consultants and had 2 different views from them, one said i need to have a section, and the other has told me the risks and said that its up to me, he was really nice about it, good nice english doc for a change, i personally wouldnt want to try a homebirth due to the risks as it is 2 scars in the body this time and im to scared of rupture so i am going for hospital and have been told aslong as everything goes smoothly then i can try they dont really have the stats on vba2c they have told me as all usually just go for a section after having 2, i am going to have a very detailed birth plan this time as i never had one before. at end of day it is up to u if you want to try a homebirth and they cannot refuse you. but you need 2 be in the theatre room asap if anything goes wrong.

Thanks for answering. I'd love to follow your journey now and find out how it all goes.

You must have been so gutted to get to 10cm. I got to 8cm but tbh I was just happy my body could go into labour naturally after such a poor induction.

I live just up the road from hospital - just two minutes or less blue lighted which puts my mind at ease with a home birth. If I lived further I don't think I would.

The hospital is a fairly big one so guess I just see which consultants would allow me what I want x

I have had 2 emcs due to fetal distress and will be having a hwba2c in August. I have full support from my midwives, although the consultant was a little taken back! :haha:
If you want to try for a home vbac then that is your decision entirely, your hospital has no right to tell you no.:hugs:

That is absolutely brilliant. Really gives me hope. Fantastic. Good luck!

So when did you first discuss it with your MW? Are you then released by the consultant? Do they have to give their consent or do you find a consultant who's willing to consent?x

You do not need anyones consent hun, its entirely your choice. It is, of course, helpful if you have a supportive midwife. You are not obliged to even see a consultant if you dont want to. I kept my appointment with him as i wanted to show him I had educated myself and was making an informed decision. He knew that I wasnt going to change my mind so he went with it.:thumbup: I then told him I would be reverting back to midwife led care and he said no problem.
My midwife came with me to the appointment as well as my husband so I had good support.
I told my midwife around 16 weeks I think and her reaction was "good for you!":thumbup:
I now have a team of 4 pro home birth midwives who are all available to attend on the day to make sure there are 2 with me.

My advice to you would be to do your own research from reliable resources, really know your stuff and it will help tons when talking to the "professionals."

Wishing you the very best of luck.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"