Anyone had a wisdom tooth out?

jackiea85

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
I've some how managed to break one of my wisdom teeth in half, I have no idea how. It was fine at first but then it became agonising, so I went to the emergency dentist who gave me antibiotics and referred me to a dental surgeon, who I'm due to see this friday (although they might not actually take it out this friday :hissy: ) They know I'm pregnant so I'm hoping that they are still willing to take it out soon (it really really hurts!). How much will it hurt having it taken out? And afterwards? I know it needs to come out because I really can't cope with this pain but I've never had a tooth out before and I'm a big wimp lol :blush: xx

I've had all four of my wisdom teeth out, 2 at a time. It didn't hurt at all coming out as they numb you up but I was uncomfortable for a few days afterwards but it was less pain than i had before as they were impacted & kept getting infections. It was not as bad as I had thought though & i'm a complete wimp. good luck for friday hun.

I've had 2 out, there was room at the other side for the other 2! Like Jane1972 it was a relief to get it out because the infection I had before it. I wasn't in any pain getting it done but it did become a bit nippy after but was alot more bearable than the infection.

Good luck x

I had one out when I was pregnant, and it doesn't hurt. They'll numb the area so you won't feel anything. It's a bit uncomfortable for a while afterwards but that's nothing compared to the pain of you're in with it now. It will be such a relief to get it out, there is nothing worse than toothache is there? :hugs: I don't know how something so small can hurt so much!

All four of my wisdom teeth did not erupt through the gums and were growing towards my other teeth. I had them all out at the same time. It was uncomfortable for 3-4 days. They didn't send me home with any painkillers :dohh: so I called them on Day 2 bawling my eyes out for some. Once I got those, it was easier to handle.

Thanks everyone for replying, I had it out this morning. I was so scared, it was quite embarrassing, he wouldn't let me go home until I had calmed down :blush: . Anyway he numbed it and I barely felt it, I said "was that it?" lol. But it's still numb for now so I'm a bit worried how it will feel once the anaesthetic has worn off! Currently drinking water with a straw :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->