Anyone had anti-sickness tablets?

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
Im going to get appt to ask for some, just wondering if they work well or caused more sickness etc?
I really cant cope with sickness as soon as i wake up to moment i go to bed, im having trouble keeping liquids down now so getting to point i need see doc anyway for some solution.

You have my sympathies, it must be awful to feel that way constantly... Hope it passes soon for you or the Dr gives you something!

I've been taking cyclizine 50mg 3 times a day since about 7 weeks been in hosp twice for IV fluids due to being dehydrated, I'm now 14 weeks and still throwing up and nauseous, so although the tablets aren't stopping it they do help a bit as I feel worse if I forget one, everyone's different though and you may find they work great for you, if you can get them before you get dehydrated they will work better. Good luck and you have my sympathy

Hi Hun, i haven't tried them personally! my friend suffered badly with sickness throughout her pregnancy until she tried some "sea bands", which worked fab for her! no more sickness!

they are basically bracelets which you wear which have pressure points on them which help to alleviate the nausea /sickness.

you may also want to try adding a few drops of ginger or peppermint essential oil to water, (and have it nearby on your desk etc...)as this helps with nausea too! i use this all the time!....x

if you type "sea bands" into google they bring up various options...they are inexpensive too! x

I got given some and they were a godsend! Especially around xmas, i actually ate!

I would try the sea bands before getting the medication - I got stemetil when I had bad nausea due to an inner ear thing and it just made me worse, and dopey! xxx

Thanks for the replies.
I actually bought some sea bands on saturday they havent come off, im not 100% sure there in right place but i asked few people they said think there okay.
Sadly, no major improvements, i deffo feel better than last week, whether thats because its died down or its the bands i dont know, but im really not happy.
I still havent managed to get an appt so still time to see if they decide to work :)

Sea bands sadly did nothing for me.
The doc gave me some cyclizine which I took for a couple of days, but then I skipped it and felt ok.

So no real feedback for you sorry.

I did alot of searching online before taking them... and lots of people said they were a god send.

x

I was told by my doctor that Zofran (or ondansetron, same thing) is safe during pregnancy, I have severe problems with nausea (not necessarily pg related) so I have some tabs that dissolve under the tongue, and it works wonders. Like the other ladies said if you can get away without meds that's the best thing, but if you are having trouble keeping liquids down, then you have to decide which is better, being dehydrated, or taking a Cat B medication that many women have taken with no problems (with the baby or otherwise). For me, the choice is pretty clear, but it's definitely one you should make with your doc. As for how well it works, for me it has been a godsend, so I would definitely ask for it by name.

Good luck hon, I hope you feel better!

Hi

I have also been really ill like you from morning to evening with a lot of vomiting. I was getting marreid so was given some anti-nausea medication I am in NZ so it will be different to what is available to you. On really bad days i still vomit even with the meds.

I tried sea bands i thoguht they were worknig but they certainly don't on really bad days.

My midwife suggested taking ginger tablets that means you don'r have to endure the taste but it could be enough to help settle it. I am going to get some from the health food shop.

Sometimes I find peppermint tea or a ginger and lemon tes helpful but other times not.

I am finding the whole morning sickness really variable. I am nine weeks now so really hoping that it settles around 13!!!!

Keep strong ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->