anyone had copper iud??

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
i had a copper coil fitted 2 days ago,, since then iv been bleeding and now experiencing lower back pain, is this normal? did anyone else have back pain after having it in? iv googles and its saying it could have penentrated my uterus:/

Absolutely normal! I have worn one for 3 years, taking one out and putting it back in, and it is always uncomfortable for a few days after you put it in. It is also like that when you take it out.. it should go away within a week, but they say see a doctor if it continues to hurt.

i had a copper coil fitted 2 days ago,, since then iv been bleeding and now experiencing lower back pain, is this normal? did anyone else have back pain after having it in? iv googles and its saying it could have penentrated my uterus:/

Trust me u would know right away if it penetrated the uterus. It just happened to me!!!!!! It's excruciating pain! :( :(

I'm thinking of getting one of these. I have the mirena coil at the moment but I'm pretty sure it's making me very moody and miserable and my skin is awful ever since it's been in (5 months now). What are the risks and benefits of the copper coil? Could really do without hormones!

awww bless ya hun, glad ya feeling ok:) iv been to docs i have an infection and on antibiotics and got to go back if it dosnt clear up iv taken 2 and im already feeling a lil better,

the pros are that there no hormones in the copper coil so no spots,moodyness,weight gain, ect

the cons are that when u come on ur period ur periods tend to be alot more heavier mine are really heavy but i still opted for this method so i now get put on tablets every month to calm the bleeding down,, xx

Yeah your cycles will be a little heavier.. that's about it, unless you are one of the few that have a perforation.

Six days after having the copper IUD inserted I went to the doctor's because of experiencing pain, slight bleeding and discharge. I was told I had a slight infection and put on antibiotics. Now I'm on day 2 of the course and am feeling slightly better, but I'm worried this is gonna turn into pelvic inflammatory disease and make me infertile. The doctor didn't seem too bothered but didn't give too much info either. I regret not asking more questions but she basically said it won't cause my fallopian tubes to be blocked because it's not a chlamydia infection?!?!

Does anyone else have any experience of this? Do they check for damage afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->