Anyone had denture implants?

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
I had to have another tooth taken out today (sneaky dentist it was only ment to be a consaltation) and now they are telling me another tooth may need to come out.
I was talking to the dentist about implant dentures but he didnt realy tell me much.
Not even too sure if implants will help as the reason im loosing teeth now is the bone is shrinking (seems to be heredatry) so im getting abseses in the gaps so if the bone crumbles it may be too weak to attach anything to.

Anyone ever had implant dentures? how much did they cost? was there alot of work involved?
Im assuming pregnancy exemption doesnt apply to this

Hi my hubby makes these and I'm in training too. The dentist won't know for sure if you are suitable until x rays have been taken of your bone. Bone shrinks away when there are no teeth in the mouth by suggesting implants he may be hoping to stop the bone receeding further as the implants act like roots. There are implants that can be used in small areas Of bone and in extreme cases if suitable the patient can have bone grafting. Implant dentures are more stable and won't move about as much. But obviously they are very expensive and are only covered by the nhs in special cases. Normal acrylic dentures are covered by nhs but if you go for this the bone will continue to shrink over time and you wl have to get the denture relined regurally to ensure it still fits or else it will break. Hope that helps. If you have any more questions I'll try help ( or ask hubby :) )

My oh has a implant front tooth after he lost his on a accident. I dint know much about it but it was expenddive it was all done private though.x

I think im going to have to face facts and pay out for it, do you need to have every gap filled to stop the bone reciding?
Its only the back teeth and im now having trouble chewing food, I think all I need is two implants done just to make chewing easier.
I could use dentures just for those two teeth but I remember from being a kid with a gum brace it making me gag all the time.
Im expecting about £500-£700 per tooth does that sound about right?

I think im going to have to face facts and pay out for it, do you need to have every gap filled to stop the bone reciding?
Its only the back teeth and im now having trouble chewing food, I think all I need is two implants done just to make chewing easier.
I could use dentures just for those two teeth but I remember from being a kid with a gum brace it making me gag all the time.
Im expecting about £500-£700 per tooth does that sound about right?

The dentist I worked in charged from £1000- £1200 per tooth depending on how much work needed done and what tooth is was, he was the cheapest in our area :shrug:

The cheapest I can find at the moment is £995 per tooth for implant and crown. x

Ill talk to my dentist and see what she says although im finding her pretty useless becuse if she had of dealt with the tooth in the first place when I went a year and a half ago rather then "oh we cant touch it til lyou visit the hygienest" then 3 visits later its "oh look that tooth over there could do with a filling replaced" put it this way 5 visits later a year and a half and £280 and she still hasnt touched the dam tooth I went there to begine with then referd me to the hospital only to find its now too late to do anything and I have to have it out grrrrr sorry bit of a rant there

Ex of mine was looking into it (he'd lost his front two teeth in a fight with a London taxi's wing mirror) - was looking at something like a grand and a half per tooth cost-wise.

I dont think it would work if your bone is a problem, as they are drilled into it and need to be strong enough to take it.

Cost wise over a £1000 per tooth.

I had to have my first tooth pulled today, was way traumatic for me. The dentist wants to take another too, but said I am not ready for that yet, so will wait until my next check up and discuss it then. I would love implants, although not so sure I could cope with them getting fitted.

What will influence his/her decision is bone density and volume in your jaw. There needs to be a sufficient amount of bone tissue in the jaw in order to support the implant and crown. A decrease in bone density means a thinner, weaker jawbone which will be unable to hold the implant in place leading to a risk of failure.

taken from a am i suitable for dental implants site FAQ

This was the problem my mum had, she had implants done at the front and through joint bone crumbling and a usless dentist that made the problem worse hers couldnt stay in

OH had the implants put in but never got the work finished. he did have his done in spain though and it cost him about 3000euros for 6 teeth. he had the majority of his own knocked out during a fight :dohh: someone smashed a bike lock into his face. lovely!

in the end though he came back to the uk and had all of the metal posts pulled out and now has a full dental plate at the top. it's a shame he never got them done as they would've been so much nicer. at least with those you can still feel something, ie how hard your biting.

My dads friend has all his teeth taken out amd replaced with implants and it was 1000 a tooth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->