Anyone had gallbladder removed? UPDATED pain back after GB

The gallbladder wasnt the issue with my acute pancreatitis. It was caused by a post op infection that was mistreated in hospital. Surprisingly enough my gallbladder is alright !, but it's coming out this year just to be on the safe side.

I would go back and ask for the blood test for your amylase levels. If you're in pain after you eat that is another symptom. Don't worry though, it is manageable and if caught early enough it's highly unlikely to go down the chronic pancreatitis road.

Eat low fat, don't eat anything fried, no red meat, plenty veg and avoid citrus fruits & drinks and avoid dairy .. some hard cheeses are okay but you're better eating goats cheese if you need a cheese fix :D.

Hope you get some relief soon ( a hot water bottle on the sore bits work wonders :D)

Thanks Fergie. I've got those heat pads on the sore bits. I'm wondering whether the lower back pain could be cycle/pregnancy related as it's now very low down. I'll definately follow your diet tips. The pain isn't too bad to be honest, and my appetite is fine so I'll give it a few days to see what the anti-biotics do. It just feels like something is very swollen in there because it's really uncomfortable in certain positions, like when I lean over to the right and squash back.
It must be very annoying that your surgery caused your pancreatitis. Are you still suffering lots with it?
Thanks soo much for the info.
x

Sadly i am, i have constant pain and am permanently knackered .. now that could just be that fact i have a stroppy 6month old !! :haha:. I don't let it get me down. If i did i'd never do anything :flower:. I have a fabulous consultant who lets me decide my treatment and signs off anything i want or need :D .. even down to coming off my pain meds whilst i was pregnant. I know that this will kill me in the long term, but then again i could continue being one of the lucky ones who are still able to live a "normal" life :thumbup:.

Hi Fergie
So sorry to hear about your condition Fergie. You've done soo well having babies and managing your pain. I like your positivity too:) How many kids do you have?

I'm feeling a bit better today. Woke up feeling a bit sick but no pain so far yet. The sickness could be the penicilllin too. Temperature seems to be coming down too, so I'm hoping the pain was due to the infection which is on it's way out.

I'm sticking to the dietry tips you gave me....I've noticed that recently I have become more intolerant to dairy that I previously was...not even being able to eat chocolate or cheese, which I could before..so I think your advice was spot on.
My DH is being great. Looking after our LO and doing alll the chasing around while I've been poorly. I don't know what I'd do without him! We're going throught a major strop phase and it's such a chore just changing nappies:-S

Anyhoo, I hope you keep well. Spring is on it's way:-D
Fingers crossed that I'll get a BFP soon as I'm cracking on a bit :p

Take care.x

I wouldn't worry there, i'm 35 :D lol

I have an angel baby girl and a rainbow baby girl :D. I've been so lucky to have had both of them :D. Sadly my angel died due to my acute pancreatitis, but that's only due to other complications too. I've now got my little rainbow Kayleigh who is the light of my life :D (even through the strops !!). I'm lucky .. I have my darling OH, my angel Zara, my rainbow Kayleigh Boo and i can still do all the things i have to do and want to do :D. You can't get much better than that :D.

I hope you get your BFP soon XX

My pancreatitis was due to a stone blocking my bile duct. It also caused me to be jaundiced. They removed my GB and I have been pain free ever since. Luckily the stone in the bile duct passed on its own or they would have had to remove it with a scope before removing my GB and forcing me to stay in the hospital for another day.

Iv continued to have attacks after my removal, only happen at night and when i eat after 6, the only thing thats helping is me keeping to a low fat diet, and having lemon in hot water twice a day, iv recently had a scan which showed up nothing, and have an MRI on Saturday so will know more then, i just want all this sorted, me and my partner want another baby but im to concerned at the moment with the pain how id cope if pregnant, so dont want to try until im am all well again with no more attacks, we want other in the next 2years.

i continued to have the same attacks after the removal of my gb google post cholysystectomy syndrome and sphincter of oddi dysfunction.
i told the consultant what i thought i had and he agreed to me having an ercp for the oddi dysfunction it was a horrendous experience but ive had nothing since thank god!!!!
was sick of rushing to a&e and dripped up with morphine
good luck

ps i had mr,ct endoscopy etc and nothing showed up so dont let them fob you off x

ps i had mr,ct endoscopy etc and nothing showed up so dont let them fob you off x

Thanks, my mri showed up nothing apart from some moderate amount of bile, iv been taking pure aloe vera juice i got of amazon and its brilliant gp said he gona recomend it to all his patients, so soothing, also pure liqurice helps control the bile, i have had no attacks since, and glad a found a nice natural herbal way of recovering without taking meds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->