anyone had gender wrongly predicted 19 wk scan?

lovinmummy

Reaction score
hi so i am currently 19 weeks n 2 days pregnant with #2.. my fiance couldnt come to the scan because he was at work so i asked the tech if he could write the gender on a piece of paper, so we could still find out together.. and he did.. but when i asked him if he could see the gender, its like he forgot. he said oh yea almost forgot um ill write that on paper for you.. didnt sound very convincing at all to me. i cant find anything that looks half like a gender shot. baby was moving around HEAPS. so we have been told its a girl. and we are now fine with that. had our hearts set on a boy. but she is healthy n very active so all is good. my MIL has 3 friends daughters that were all told the wrong gender by the same guy i went to all within the past 12 months.. at the same scan. i am now asking myself if it really is a girl..? altho i couldnt see anything gender related at all through the ultrasound or the pictures.. so hmmm. having another scan with the same company. hopefully different guy coz they are the only ones that do 4d ultrasounds where i live. having that in 5 weeks when im 24 weeks pregnant on the 12 of july. so a month away. not too long. but this time we will ask the guy if he can show me the gender.. tell me what im looking at and at least in 4d it will be alot clearer than normal scan.. i didnt see the 3 white lines on the scan that everyone talks about. i dunno.. anyone had similar stories/ experiences.. anything. am i just going crazy.. we are fine if its a girl just dont have any gender shot at all.. ? :( sorry for it being so long.. xox

hey hun we didnt get a pic of gender either. but there was no mistaking little boys parts for us and could tell with our little girl as well xxx

oh thanks hun.. :D yea i just didnt see anything at all.. in the end it seemed like he forgot.. we didnt say we didnt want to know.. we did just write it on a piece of paper. he still shoulda done the check if all the genitals were there. lol. i have gone through ultrasound n pictures n theres just nothing. its like he forgot to look. im really undecided now hey.. whether it is actually a girl or not. my MIL rang the other day n said shes had a feeling or mothers intuition or something and she doesnt know whether we are in fact having a girl.. i havent had any "feeling".. i have wanted a boy whole way through which i thought was feeling but actually i think was more wishful thinking haha.. soo yea. dunno. only thing we can do is wait till the next scan in 4d. eek! x

Maybe he forgot about writing it down on a piece of paper until you reminded him?

Sonographers don't have to check for genders if they don't want to. I was given a piece of paper before my anatomy scan saying they won't go out of their way to examine between the legs as you're only there for measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->