Anyone had MC testing. . ?

maaybe2010

ICSI: DR - December <3
Reaction score
I had mine done yesterday SIX tubes of blood she took from me :shock: lol

We get our results back in 6 weeks : )

Yup, I had mine done in September and they took 11 tubes from me. Got my results back 2 weeks later with everything being normal.

Hope you are able to get some answers!

I was at the doctor 3 weeks ago and she is referring me to a m/c clinic. I'm just waiting to hear when the appointment will be. What do they test for? My doctor also told me to bring a sample of oh's sperm - even though he has got me pregnant 3 times. That confused me a bit.
Anyway, hope all your tests come back normal.

xoxo

i got my appt thru for january today too- i can't wait to get on with it- i'm gutted i've been told to pause ttc for three months:nope: - i think they check OH for chromosome probs?

I got my results about 3 weeks ago and they were all normal, it is frustrating waiting but its good for you piece of mind to wait.

I got 8 tubes took from me, oh got 2, then i had to go back and get 3 redone as they may have made typing errors on some of my results which came back abnormal, all in all i have to wait 8 frustraiting weeks for my results! Hope yours goes much better hun x

11 tubes. . ?
Does that mean they're not testing me for everything?
I kept asking her what they were for and she was very vauge :growlmad:
They didn't ask OH for a blood test :shrug:
Bit pissed off about that since we're paying private!!

They prob want a sample to see if his sperm are abnormal or have anti -bodies, I know they can cause miscarriage.

:flower:

My gyno was very vague with me also at what they were for, she just mentioned clotting and chromosones.

11 tubes. . ?
Does that mean they're not testing me for everything?
I kept asking her what they were for and she was very vauge :growlmad:
They didn't ask OH for a blood test :shrug:
Bit pissed off about that since we're paying private!!

They prob want a sample to see if his sperm are abnormal or have anti -bodies, I know they can cause miscarriage.

:flower:

I would get a list of what they are testing you for and do your own research as to what you think you should be tested for. It maybe that they are doing very basic testing first and then might take more blood later or maybe they don't need separate tubes for everything.

They took one tube from DH for karyotype test.

they took blood from my dh at the same time as my vials. THis was to check him for chromosomal abnormalitles too (I guess theres no point giving me the all clear if he has problems!)

for the lady with the sperm question - they test sperm for motility (how many there are) and morphology (quality), so your dh may have high mot but low morph. Low morph produces sub standard embryos that dont survive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->