• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone had only ONE miscarriage?

twin mum 27

Reaction score
I fell pregnant in 2010 in our first month ttc and carried my gorgeous twin boys to full term, born july 2011.

Last month we decided to ttc and got our bfp first month again. This time it ended in miscarriage at 4w4d.

My doctor says it's just one of those things and its not anymore likely to happen again to us than anyone else. He says 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage and we were just the unlucky ones. He said the chance of a second consecutive miscarriage os only 2-5% And that because ive had a successful pregnancy in the past, its likely just a fluke that i miscarried this time..

So why do i feel like something is wrong with me?
How common is it for women to have a single miscarriage and then have healthy pregnancy?
All the posts i have read are of ppl having multiple miscarriages, im not as brave as these women. I cant go through this again..

I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand the feeling--having a miscarriage kind of takes away any feeling of innocence and naivety you have about being pregnant.

Our oldest son is 5--he was my first pregnancy, and it was perfect, no problems. When he was 3.5, we decided to try for #2. I fell pregnant on cycle #4 of TTC, and miscarried within a week of finding out I was pregnant. I was completely devastated, and terrified to TTC again. I was cleared by my doctor after bleeding stopped to try again immediately. I fell pregnant again within 2 cycles. He just turned 8 months old today. : )

It is hurtful, and so scary. But...your doctor is right. Most women who miscarry go on to have healthy pregnancies. Sometimes it just happens, and we never know why. I am very thankful that we didn't suffer repeated losses. It is heartbreaking to make it through just one--and you're right. So many women on here have had multiple losses. It is sad, and scary to think about. But chances are that your loss (as hard as it was) was an awful, one time event that will serve as a reminder of how precious your babies are.

Big hugs, mama. I know it is hard, and I understand where you're coming from.

Thank you so much for that SoBlessedMama. Thats exactly what i needed to hear :)

I'm so sorry for your loss, sending hugs x
I had a miscarriage, and then went on to have my son, who is almost 3 and very healthy. I've just suffered a missed miscarriage two weeks ago.
I do think it is something that can just happen. I don't know any statistics sorry, but I do know of a lot of people who have had a miscarriage and then went on with healthy pregnancies. My mum being one of them, she has three kids now.
Don't lose hope! If you don't try again (once you're ready of course) then you will never get your wish. All we can do in this life is try x
I'm also very scared that this will happen to me again, but I really want this, so I'm just going to try xx

I'm sorry you're going through this. The chances of another are low. Although, I know first-hand that the idea of going through it again seems unbearable. And stress pretty much drives you insane. I know 6 women who had only one miscarriage. I can't remember the sources, but I looked after mine occurred and some studies showed no increased risk of a second and some showed just the slightest increased risk. xo

I'm Currently experiencing my 5th miscarriage. However, after my 1st I got pregnant a couple of months later and went on to have a healthy baby. I then had a further 3 miscarriages followed by another healthy baby. There is most definitely hope. i am certainly hoping that I can get pregnant again and have a successful pregnancy. Good luck x

Thank you ladies for your comments.
Its such a hard thing to contemplate all over again but we will try again.
I had a pelvic ultrasound today and nothing dodgy going on there so hub and i have decided to dive back in and ntnp again. .
The previous two times we hve conieved it has been on the first month so im just praying that the miscarriage hasnt effected my fertility

I hope you ladies all concieve your rainbow babies aswel, and go on to have healthy pregnancies

Much love xox

Hoping it happens quickly, and you have a happy, healthy baby, Twin mum!

i had a mmc in feb 09 before that i have 3 healthy kids then feel pregnant in march 10 and a had a healthy pregancy. a have old had 1 myself my hospital explained sometimes its just bad luck.

Sorry for your loss. Miscarrying is heartbreaking but common. I lost my first baby at nine weeks gestation but went on to have two healthy girls. There is no reason why your next pregnancy won't be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->