Anyone had over 12 cycles of Clomid?

Zeri

Reaction score
Hi,
I've never posted here before. I'm 36 (DH is 44), with polycystic ovaries, but I ovulate every month from CD16-22 usually. I was prescribed Clomid when ttc#1 and got pregnant with a DD, who's now 3. I took it again when ttc#2 and got pregnant again but m/c. Been ttc#2 again for over 2 years - and have had Clomid off and on (usually with a couple months break in between). From 2009-now I've had 12 cycles of Clomid (50 mg) in all, and was wondering if it would be safe to try another round, since I seem to get pregnant on it quickly, as opposed to naturally.

I've read online that it's not really safe to take after 12 cycles, though, because of the risk of ovarian cancer, but when I asked my gen doctor and gyn about it they didn't seem concerned about the risk.

Anyone try more than 12 cycles of it?

Thanks for any feedback!

I am unsure of how many cycles you can repeat with breaks.... but my FS said that he will not prescribe more than 6 cycles in a row.....

Not sure if there have been breaks???

Sorry this isn't very helpful, but I didn't want to read and not respond.

:dust:

You shouldn't have anymore than 6 rounds due to the dangers of cancer etc, plus they say if it hasn't worked for you after that many then its not going to. Alot of people who have first child success with it report it to not work for 2nd

Hi,

I agree with the above, my doctor wouldn't prescribe me more than 6 consecutive cycles however after a six month break I am now on cycle 2 of 4 and hoping for my BFP, I had a follicle of 16mm on Thursday so hoping for the best.

Good luck xx

:hi: I can only speak from personal experience. I took x1 round of 50mg to concieve my son and have now had x6 rounds at 100mg and x4rounds at 150mg My doc did prescribe me an extra 6months after my first lot and wasnt concerned. Ive read a lot of confliciting things about clomid and how long is safe so cant advise with that; i did have a few month long breaks inbetween them though. Wud recommend that u ask ur fs about other assissted conception options though - im currently waiting for ivf now but still taking the clomid while i wait :D sorry i cant be of more help xx

I went through 2 drs. who literally said, "Oh you started a new cycle, here is another prescription for clomid. Good Luck"

Now, I have a dr. who is monitoring every cycle & we just took a "holiday" month- no clomid, no tests, nothing. We will start with clomid again here in a few days.

It doesn't sound like your dr is doing much monitoring. I would start looking for a dr who does.

Thanks for your responses! :) still thinking about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->