• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone had pubic bone popping?

littlepeanut1

Reaction score
Hi all,

As it says on the tin really. I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my second child and for around two weeks now my public bone has been popping (same sound as someone clicking their fingers) everytime I roll round in bed however it is now happening when I stand up?

I must say there is no pain associated with the popping but I have been having really bad hip pain during the night (again had this with my first but not until much further on). I'm having to swap sides every half hour. Alongside this if I have been sitting for a while and try to get up I'm having pain down my hips and into my bottom.

Please tell me someone else is experiencing this so early on? :(

Thanks

I remember this happening when I was expecting #2. I can't recall how far along I was. I did mention it to my OB and he didn't seem too concerned though. I had some sciatica pain in my third trimester as well but nothing serious ever came from it.

I hope nothing comes of it, fingers crossed!

I'm going to bring it up at my next midwife appointment 👍🏽

Thanks

I'd definitely say SPD.

I've suffered with it every pregnancy and each time it's started earlier.
Currently about 10 weeks pregnant with 4th and already my hips/pelvis feel & sound like they're clicking out of place every time I turn over in bed.

You might get referred to a physiotherapist if it gets too painful but I didn't find that helped much. It gets to a point for me that I have to sit up in bed propped up with loads of pillows coz lying on my side brings me to tears. Dreading it this time round. Hopefully it won't get that bad for you.

I'd definitely say SPD.

I've suffered with it every pregnancy and each time it's started earlier.
Currently about 10 weeks pregnant with 4th and already my hips/pelvis feel & sound like they're clicking out of place every time I turn over in bed.

You might get referred to a physiotherapist if it gets too painful but I didn't find that helped much. It gets to a point for me that I have to sit up in bed propped up with loads of pillows coz lying on my side brings me to tears. Dreading it this time round. Hopefully it won't get that bad for you.

I'm definitely going to bring it up at my midwife appointment this week. I have been lifting both my legs towards my chest before turning in bed and find it's making a difference and leaning on both feet when standing :)

Thanks again

It happened to me once when I was standing up probably around 22 weeks, hasn't happened again so I haven't thought about it. I do have constant pain when moving or walking so maybe that could Be related. 24 weeks currently

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->