Anyone had the Fetal fibronectin swab done?

mammag

Expecting a Rainbow
Reaction score
My doctor did one for me on Thursday, both of my babies were preemies so they are keeping a close eye on me, I'm only 3 weeks out from when I had my oldest! I won't know my results until Monday, but I'm afraid a positive will leave me freaked out, even though it doesn't mean much. The negative result is the important one. If it's positive do you think they'll put me on bed rest or something? I would probably hate that, a lot, but I'll do whatever they tell me to do. My cervix is still closed on the inside and thick, baby has dropped but he's been low the entire pregnancy, so I'm not worried about that either. I'm rambling now, sorry, just looking for experiences!

I was swabbed this past week due to surmounting labor symptoms, but my results came back negative (hooray!). I asked what they'd do if it had been positive, and they said likely send me home with a prescription to slow any possible progression and bed rest if necessary. Hope that helps ease your mind! Good luck!!

I've had it done twice and it came back negative. Hopefully it will be negative for you to give you some peace of mind. Maybe prepare for either scenerio and tell yourself that you will do whatever it takes to keep that baby cooking!

I had those done every other week from 26 weeks on in my last pregnancy. If it's positive, they will probably say to do pelvic rest, stay hydrated, watch for contractions and may do ultrasounds for cervix length.

Hope it comes back negative ;)

I had 4 positives from 22 weeks and stopped doing them at 32 weeks. The further you get into third Tri the more likely they will say a false positive. (I got to 40+2 after my previous was born 27+4)
Positives are quite unreliable while negatives are more reliable.

I had one done at 24 weeks due to fluid leaking and irregular contractions. It was positive so I was admitted and given steroids, but by the next day all had settled down and here I am nearly 39 weeks and he's still cooking :) Even it is positive, it doesn't mean you are certainly going into labour x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->