anyone had the progesterone implant?

mummy2be77

Reaction score
My 2nd LO is nearly 5 months, and our sex life is non existent and my husband is getting a bit irritable about it. Its partly because I'm exhausted being up between 3-6 times each night what with BF my little one, she's also teething and my 3 year old is having night terrors. But the other reason is I only ever wanted 2 children and my new LO was earlier than planned - I was on the POP mini pill and had a tummy bug so it failed and here she is! I can't risk that again, at present we're using condoms but as I'm allergic to rubber their very expensive, plus as I'm so dry (sorry if TMI!) I'm afraid they'll rip, which makes me nervous and even less in the mood!
I don't like the idea of an IUD as in my opinion that causes miscarriage/prevents implantation and doesn't prevent conception, so I prefer to prevent ovulation altogether or use a barrier method. I tried depo provera in my teens and it was awful, made me so PMT crazy!
So I'm considering the progesterone implant - have any of you had it? Was it painful to have it implanted? Do you still have periods? What's the PMT like? If you're BF, does it affect your milk supply?

I use the implant and love it, just had it put in after having my daughter :) doesn't hurt to have it put in as your arms numb from local anaesthetic. When I was on it before getting pg I had a period once every 3 months with no pmt. I concieved my daughter 1 month after having it removed last feb :) can't say for bf as I bottle feed. Hope that helps xx

Yep, had it for the full three years and I loved it. also never got a period with it so extra bonus

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->