Anyone have a HB with twins?

BunnyN

Reaction score
I'm not pregnant with twins, I'm not even pregnant yet:haha: so this is all just theoretical. OH and I were talking about what if we had twins next time and I said I'd love to except for the fact that I wouldn't get a HB. I totally loved my HB and the thought of a hospital birth does freak me out a bit but I'm not sure about a HB with twins. My only fear with a HB was a cord prolapse and that is much more likely with twins. OH surprised me by saying he would want to talk to the MW about it and consider it before we ruled it out. He was pretty unsure about a HB to start with the first time round but is totally converted now. We had an amazing independent MW who has a lot of experience and I'll be booking her again as soon as I get another BFP so it would be interesting to see what she says. Not that it's likely its a choice I'll ever be facing but I really would be torn. I know HB with twins is fairly unusual. Anyone have experience?

I know of a few people that have had homebirths with twins. (Not sure of any women on here.) It's possible with the right team and support, and of course the babies' health.

No experience, but a midwife will generally attend a homebirth with twins depending on when you go into labour and what position the babies are in. With twins, women often go into labour earlier than what would be optimal for a homebirth. I also know that it is the position of the twin coming first that matters; if he/she is breech, a midwife probably will want you in the hospital, but if he/she is head down, then the position of the second twin doesn't matter as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->