Anyone have a VBAC after 3 sections?

mommyof5

My Eggo is Prego
Reaction score
I really want to have a vaginal birth this round because I want more kids, and I know 4 c-sections is getting to be too much. I think I can do it, but I am worried about my scar tearing. Any positive stories?

My consultant said yesterday after 2 sections they won't allow you to vaginally deliever. But, he also said that woman can have 4 or 5 sections with no problems so don't panic, it's the vaginal delivery after so many sections that is an issue not how many sections you've had.

My consultant said yesterday after 2 sections they won't allow you to vaginally deliever. But, he also said that woman can have 4 or 5 sections with no problems so don't panic, it's the vaginal delivery after so many sections that is an issue not how many sections you've had.

Your consultant was wrong! It's nobody else's decision but the mothers how she wants to give birth. I have had 2 emcs and will be having a home water birth this time. My consultant tried to tell me that I would have to have a c-section this time but once he realised I was fully informed he actually listened and we are good to go.
It is perfectly possible to have a vba3c you just need to inform yourself and read lots of evidence based research so you know if it's the right decision for you.:hugs:

Thank you. I'm glad to hear someone refused a section. I plan to talk to my ob on Friday and discuss with her having a vbac.

Your consultant was wrong! It's nobody else's decision but the mothers how she wants to give birth. I have had 2 emcs and will be having a home water birth this time. My consultant tried to tell me that I would have to have a c-section this time but once he realised I was fully informed he actually listened and we are good to go.
It is perfectly possible to have a vba3c you just need to inform yourself and read lots of evidence based research so you know if it's the right decision for you.:hugs:

Glad you stuck up for yourself missus there is no such thing as not allowed in the UK!

Head over to the labour and birth section and theres a VBAC thread, NickNack there is planning a VBA3C she's due in June.

Theres a good few links in the stats and info spolier in the 1st thread about risks etc of VBAMC and a few lovely birth stories for VBAMC too

X

Hi there I myself am hoping for a vba3c. It is totally your choice how your birth your baby, it is just important to know all the pros, cons & risks for both vbac & section.
I will warn you though if the consultant is anything like mine will tell you that they dont advise a vba3c & will most likely not be supportive. If this is the case ask to see the consultant midwife or head of midwifery to discuss your birth plan.

Hope all goes well x

My dr tried telling me I couldnt do a vbac either but I have done my research they say it is safer to do a vbac then a repeat csection..the percentage rate of rupture (not sure in your case where you had 3 cs) is less than 1%. I have a 4 mo old and I am pregnant again 8 weeks and 3 days and they said bc my pregnancies are so close I have to have another csection I found a Dr that is on the same page as I am and he has done several vbacs that were successful. He sees no point in csections unless medically needed.

Not sure on the VBAC, but just a quick comment about multiple C-sections.

I haven't heard that there's any extra risk with multiple C-sections. In fact a good friend of mine had 4 C-sections without issue. Her scar looked terrible. It was thick and ugly.

BUT then she had a hysterectomy and they used the same incision. And afterwards her scar was a thin, barely noticeable line. They made the effort during her hysterectomy to cut away some of the useless scar tissue and clean it up. So I think it was really just a matter of the doc doing the surgery and the level of effort/care/whatever they put into it.
The fix-up was a happy surprise for her.

I realize the uterus has its own incision, but I haven't heard of any issues with multiple C-sections and frankly I wouldn't care if the scar on my uterus was ugly. :)

I have a very low and small scar, my docs are really good about making it look good. My issue is that I want a few more kids, and you just can not do that with c-sections, its very limiting. However, my husband is absolutely not ok with the idea of me trying to VBAC so as of right now I will not be trying it.

I have a friend who had 3 sections and tried a vbac with her 4th but after 6 days of labour and only dilating one cm the doctors made her have her 4th c section and she was fine.

There was a lass on home birth stories on the baby channel that previously had 2 sections and got a home birth

I have had 2 sections and I am beginning to get broody again :( x

I will be having my third c section in July. And hope I will be able to have a fourth child. I have been concerned about not being able to due having a c section delivery x

Just for some positive food for thought about multiple c-sects. I'll be having my 4th section in about 3 months. My dr had absolutely no qualms about me getting pregnant after 3 previous c-sects. At my 3rd, we delayed labour as long as we could so I ended up being in early stage labour for 3 days, by which time my scar started to tear, so the c-sect was performed. Even after that, my gynae had no problem with me having more babies. :) This, however, will be our last. Not because of the number of c-sects but because of financial and other reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->