Anyone have advice ?

NinjaKitty5

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I know I don't usually post to much but I have a question for you guys. Thursday night after having sex I actually developed regular contractions through out the night ... So after waiting them out I decided to go in and get checked out . They hooked me up to the monitors and confirmed I was having mild contractions . And upon checking my urine I had a uti. She went ahead and checked my cervix I was 1cm dilated and 40% effaced.. She also did a ffn test and it came back positive . We went down to ultrasound to do a cervical length check and I am at 3.5.
Well when the ultrasound tech asked me to empty my bladder I had a huge chunk of what looked like mucus plug with blood in it... I figured it was just from having my cervix checked . But now today I'm loosing more bits of what looks like mucus plug. Should I be worried?

I couldn't say if you should be worried or not, but with the contractions and other things I do think it's worth calling the labour ward about it :hugs:

Definitely go get checked again! Hopefully nothing to panic about but this is definitely a question to ask your midwife/doctor. What did they say when they found you were 1cm dilated?

I would let them know about the blood and mucous plug! Good luck. Have the contractions calmed down now? X

I've only ever lost mucus and blood (bloody show) when I was in imminent labor. Everyone is different, though, and I've heard of women losing some of their mucus plug well before they had their babies. That said, with everything else going on, I would definitely get checked out again to make sure. You don't want to be unprepared if your baby is trying to come at 26 weeks. :(

I've only ever lost mucus and blood (bloody show) when I was in imminent labor. Everyone is different, though, and I've heard of women losing some if their mucus plug well before they had their babies. That said, with everything else going on, I would definitely get checked out again to make sure. You don't want to be unprepared if your baby is trying to come at 26 weeks. :(

This pregnancy I've been losing small pieces of plug since 18 weeks, on it's own it doesn't mean much but I have been told that if there's any blood or cramping, or any symptom of labour then call up. Though truth be told I'd probably just panic and DH would do it for me :haha:

Oh that blue was painful to read! You don't want your baby born at 26 weeks, stay on the conservative side and get checked out. If they feel you're body is preparing for labour they can give baby steroids to develop lungs and vital parts, they can help prevent you from having more contractions too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->