Anyone have carpet beetles? HELP

susannah14

Reaction score
We have a problem with carpet beetles in my house. I've been finding multiple live ones a day. I even found a larvae yesterday.

I'm really disgusted and I don't understand. My house is REALLY clean. I'm kind of OCD about it, I vacuum 3 times a week. This beetle infestation is really bothering me. We just got new carpets about a month ago, which is when I started noticing these beetles. Maybe the beetles came with the carpet? Although I'm finding them in the basement too, and we have hardwood down there!

Has anyone had this problem before? How did you get rid of them? I googled and seems like daily vacuuming and insecticide is the best bet? Do I really need to wash all the stuffed animals and clothes? :cry:

Oh god we had these in the flat we used to rent...I basically hoovered twice a day every single day. Got the sucky bit and did round all the carpet edges. ..seemed to keep them at bay!
Hope somebody has a better solution cause this used to drive me mad!

hoover hoover & hoover some more!!!

they like hiding in dark places so check all those, u need to hoover everywhere!! atleast twice a day for a week!

you will also need to wash EVERYTHING! if it fits in the washing maching, put it in!

you can get sprays etc to use but im not sure how safe they are with children/pets!

the other option is to steam clean everywhere! xx

OMG I've never heard of this. Hope you can get rid of them OP. I hoover every day but will be keeping an extra eye out now!!

Rank I get beetles now and then, I didn't know it was a thing. Mine come out from under the skirting.

Thank you everyone, it does seem like I need to vacuum (hoover? lol) a few times a day until they are gone. And I will wash as much as I can!

We got them shortly after new carpet too. Ick. Echo the previous posters, Hoover Hoover and Hoover some more. Especially around the edges.

They are really common in homes in the uk to some extent so don't worry too much x

I get them too. They like to hide under the sofa. I have to pull it out and vacuum everyday.

(hoover is an English brand of vacuum cleaner and it's just come to mean the same thing btw).

This is a brand new phobia! I never knew these existed!

We had a type of these in a rented house once, we thought it was maggots as the larvae things popped up everywhere in the carpet and they were maggot shaped things, really gross. We had to get the council exterminator in, he moved all the furniture to middle of the room and treated it, i had to leave for a few hours and it was done and never happened again. He said it could have been from second hand furniture, or even a bug flew in the window and bam! Epidemic! Was awful, felt really dirty even tho we were all pretty good with the housework! Hope u resolve it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->