Anyone have experience of preemies born at 31 weeks?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
Thought I'd write here as well just incase I miss someone with good advice. Basically long story short labour is imminent and im doing all I can to keep him in, the labour signs and symptoms are there, if my waters go of I actually start to dilate now babys basically coming whether I want him to or not. Problem is I'm only 31 weeks today!

Any advice from anyone who's gone through this before? My previous two were full term babies and I have no experience or knowledge in preemies.

I had 2 of the 3 at 36wks. A little ahead of you but still experience!
#1 was 6.3lbs and NO nicu time
#2 was 5.8lbd and had 2 weeks in the NICU. She needed help breathing and eating.
Both were csection (not elective)

My biggest advice would be get involved in the care. You'll be tired going every few hours but it really helps to know what's going on. Sometimes things can change from 1 visit to the next. Ask questions. Why are they doing xyz, can you do abc instead of them...etc DONT allow visitors in the NICU. Oh my word, it made it so overwhelming to do. Grandma, aunt, friend, church, etc can wait until baby is home!! Be prepared for the ups and downs emotionally. There will be times you feel you failed and cant help your baby, that's normal. Be prepared to praise your baby for a good day with happy tears.

That's my advice.

Last edited:
Thank you for that advice, glad your preemies done well and are thriving. When I left hospital they were happy for me to just ride it out but obviously if things change, or get worse to come back and I'll probably have to start the nerfederpine again, think that's the meds I was taking even though spelling is way off. I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow and I'll go through it all with her and se what she has to say, at the hospital they are always so rushed off their feet and you dont get much chance to talk to them, but my midwife I'll get some time alone with her and I know she will sit and listen however long it takes

I didnt get any meds to stop their labors. My youngest tried to come at 32 weeks and I refused the meds to stop the labor. I needed induced at 40wks with her.
Some parts of what you're feeling at normal but you're allowed to say enough is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->