Anyone have experience with tests staying faint in the early days?

SCgirl

Carrying #3
Reaction score
It's only been ~48 hours, but I'm a POAS addict, which has turned me into a bit of a worrier.

I was surprised when I got a faint BFP in the afternoon at 10 dpo. I tested again with FMU at 11dpo because I wanted to see a stronger line. It was most definitely lighter. I tested that same afternoon (11dpo), and it was darker than it was with FMU, but lighter than the day before. Same thing happened 12dpo. (Despite having a faint line on FRER at 12dpo, I got a negative on the FR digital- that was like a punch in the gut!)

Shouldn't I be seeing a progression? Has anyone had experience with tests staying light?

I realize I'll find out in a few days, but this is driving me absolutely crazy, and I can't help but worry!

The photo has the darkest photos from each day.... (all were afternoon / early evening, top was 10 dpo going down to 12 dpo)

Attachments

• frprogr.jpg
    frprogr.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 65
All you can do is wait, best advice is not to test multiple times a day though as the hcg varies. Test once doesnt matter if its morning or afternoon as long as you can hold your wee.

Thats the best way to see progression. And done do any digitals for at least a week, those lines are clear but not quite dark enough for a digi x

Good luck, I got my first bfp on wed, I just randomly decided to tesr in the afternoon even though I had no symptoms. I just kinda had a feeling. My first line was like yours but its a bit darker now

It took a while for the progression and I didn't get a positive on a CB digi for a few days. It takes 48 hours for hcg to double so if you have only just got a + then it prob wont show any different for a few days.congratulations x

Mine stayed very faint with my first. I just never got a strong band. At all. And I was still poas around 7w pregnant because I was waiting on that strong line I thought I "should" be getting. I got a faint at the first ob visit at 9w, but my bloodwork came back normal-- they couldn't figure out why my pee test was so faint. I did a digital around 5weeks with my first that came back negative, but by 7weeks it was positive and I never bothered testing again at home after the digital positive. I've only gotten faints with this pregnancy as well. Ironically, the only time I've ever seen a strong band on a stick for me was during the pregnancy I miscarried.

PS. I'm originally from upstate SC. I went to BRHS and Clemson U. :hi:

I'm expecting twins and my lines never got dark they were barely noticeable

With my first pregnancy, I had a strong positive at 3w5d. With my second, a positive at 3w3d. With my third, I was testing negative, negative, negative every day even though I KNEW I was pregnant. When I finally got a positive at 4w2d, it was not as strong as my first positive with my first baby. It terrified me, but now I'm almost 14 weeks! Also, the line didn't get much darker for me until 5 weeks and didn't progress noticeably until then. I wouldn't read too much into it. Good luck!

My digital didn't come up positive until several days after my first positive FRER. I looked for progression too but took a FRER with FMU everyday so I knew there wasn't as much variance in the concentration of my urine. I'm not sure if it's a bad sign or just diluted urine as some have said since your testing times have varied. When do you get your first hcg draw? HCG blood test are the only sure fire way to know if a pregnancy is progressing normally. Good luck chica!

The doc won't see me until dec 2, so I had a test done through a business to verify- they took blood yesterday afternoon, and I should have results either today or monday.

Hope your numbers are good! Let us know how it goes!

Today's test isn't making me feel any better. I took an ept at the same time today, and it was negative.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 31
:hugs: 13dpo is still quite early. These tests aren't really quantitatively accurate, no matter how much the companies like to imply so to move product. (I have quantitative imaging software for work and I wanted to see how accurately my own tests were detecting a doubling, so I analyzed the preg line and standardized to the control lines for each test and between tests dipped simultaneously in the same urine. They were incredibly bad-- up, down, up, down. I know my tests never really come out nicely like some women's, but it was astonishing how poor the consistency was between tests.) They're especially bad when you're testing outside of the concentration range it's designed to start detecting but could still give a faint positive. Doubling a very small number is still a very small number and in a healthy pregnancy, you'll have only doubled about once-ish over the entire span of time you've been testing. Give the error for how much fluid you'd been drinking that day, how much you might have already peed that day, and the slight concentration difference between same-brand tests, and I'd be taking differences between tests at this point with a grain of salt. I know it must be driving you crazy, but I would wait 3-5 days and test again. It's really, really frustrating, but testing every day can be unnecessarily stressful.
I hope things go well for you. Massive hugs!

Still got extremely faint line with frer with today's fmu (guess that's better than no line). Also got a verrry faint line with ept- so that's an improvement. I've finally realized I've become far too obsessive and there's nothing I can do at this point, so I'm going to do my best to wait a few days and try to think about it as little as possible! (Easier said than done!) guess it's a good sign that I'm at the end of my usual LP, and there's no bleeding...

Thanks for all the support! I'll update if anything changes...

Blood test still hasn't come back, but this morning the lines were almost gone. Tonight, after some sudden severe abdominal cramps, blood started. Guess I'm back to TTC.

Thanks again for the support.

If I shown the hpt online that was my first bfp, everyone would assume I had line eye. Lol. But, I am a poasaholic myself, and went and bought a different brand. It looks that you must still be pretty early in the game.. Like not missed a period yet. If I were you, I would get a blood test done. I did and it eased my mind over having light bfp. Also, if there does seem to be anything wrong the nurse will pick up on that and order further testing.

I'm so sorry petal. I hope that next month will be your month. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->