Anyone have Guineapigs?

fairy.glitter

Reaction score
We bought 2 male Guineapigs frOm the same store earlier today. They have just come out to look about and one keeps trying to hump the other one n keeps chasing him around making loud noises at him? Is that normal?

We began with two females when I was a kid...within about six months we had 20 guinea pigs...no joke - we seriously had 20! Turned out one was male not female then by the time we'd sexed the babies, they had babies :dohh: the behaviour you've described sounds like either you have one of each sex or at the very least that one of your males is confused! Lol :)

its totally normal. they are just trying to sort out whos 'boss'!!!

it should settle down in a few weeks.
if your that worried ask a vet to double check the sex.

my Rabbits are lesbo's. freaks OH right out when Raa-Raa humps Tinkerbell (my niece named them). x

Yeah it's happened to 3 people i know of.. being given two different sexes from the pet shop, best bet is take them to a vet to double check otherwise you literally will end up with hundreds :haha:

I took 3 guineas off a friend as a result of this :lol:

Yeah I'd get them sexed just to be sure. But it is normal. Like Kay said, its a dominance thing. They'll sort of rumble and maybe wiggle their bum too x

I used to keep gunipigs when I was a child, a teeth chattering noise is common they are just working out whos boss.
Kepp an eye on them though because if they do suddenly decide they dont like each other then it can get pretty nasty between them but a bit of rough play and tumble is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->