Anyone have/had an overactive thyroid?

X

xxEMZxx

Well I went Dr's yesterday as was getting chest pains, palpitations and tightness when trying to breath. He checked everything and all was perfect except my oxygen levels.
I've gotta go back for a blood test and some other test for my heart but he seems to think it might be an overactive thyroid.

Anyone had this, as I don't really know what it is or what it means except I have most the symptoms. :nope:

Hiya

I used to have an overactive thyroid (AKA Hyperthyroidsim / Grave's disease) and now I don't have a thyroid gland at all - it was removed last year.

Fingers crossed, once they get your blood results back and get your meds sorted, you'll start to feel better...but it can take a while to get the levels to settleand to get the meds bang on.

The palpitations and chest tightening are dead scary at the time though - you really do have my sympathies :hugs:

my gran had this and had to have it removed as it swelled really big

good luck with your tests hope everything is ok x

Me me!

I took meds for a few months and somehow it corrected itself. There were some cysts on my thyroid that may have been causing it. It probably took six months of being on and off meds for it to get corrected, but its better now.

The chest pain sure is scary, isn't it?

It seems to have subsided quite a bit now still get it a bit though. Got another week till my blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->