Anyone have hashimotos/ hypothyroidism?

charlie15

Reaction score
Just looking for others who have these? I developed post partum thyroiditis after my first pregnancy which then became hashimotos so I take thyroxine. My last pregnancy we lost at 24 weeks, so now at 28 weeks this is my first third tri with hashimotos.

I want to know if others have needed to increase their dose of thyroxine? I had my levels tested at 8 weeks and they were fine. Then I had them rechecked last week with my G diabetic screening. The thing is I am having difficulty getting the results, but I feel dog tired, as in hit by a bus tired, which to me feels more like hypothyroid tired than 3rd tri tired, from what I recall of that! I also don't trust Drs with managing my meds with my levels and usually work off my symptoms.

Anyone needed or not needed to increase their dose of thyroxine?

I have hypothyroidism, wasn't diagnosed until I got my bloods done at the beginning of this pregnancy but my TSH levels have been up and down for years and were very high near the end of my last pregnancy (but nothing was done about it, no idea why)

Anyway I started on 25mcg thyroxine but had my levels checked half way through the pregnancy and they were still not right so increased to 75mcg. Getting my levels checked again as soon as I get a time at the lab to see if they've settled at the right level now. What were your levels when they were checked? Doctors tend to disagree on the appropriate level so maybe they said they were fine but they weren't really.

I don't know what my levels were as cannot get them over the phone. My GP is now chasing them. I normally adjust them myself as I know what is right for me.
I would be amazed if my body didn't need more through pregnancy especially at this stage, so was curious if others had needed to increase their dose. I will chase my GP tomorrow and see if they have got them.

Hope your GP chases them up for you, annoying that they won't tell you the levels over the phone (the lab I do my bloods at texts me the results the same day for things like thyroid levels - so handy!)

My close friend had postpartum thyroiditis, but hers was hyperthyroidism. She is currently planning on ttc soon, and her doctor has changed her dosage for her meds. (She is 2.5 years postpartum but still dealing with the thyroid issues.)

My close friend had postpartum thyroiditis, but hers was hyperthyroidism. She is currently planning on ttc soon, and her doctor has changed her dosage for her meds. (She is 2.5 years postpartum but still dealing with the thyroid issues.)

Yes unfortunately post partum thyroiditis often leads to a life long chronic thyroid problem. It did with me, but once unde control it should not affect TTC.

Hope your GP chases them up for you, annoying that they won't tell you the levels over the phone (the lab I do my bloods at texts me the results the same day for things like thyroid levels - so handy!)

So my obstetrician called today and all my bloods are fine. TSH 0.98, T4 10.9. I am not anemic and my glucose screening was fine. I guess this tiredness is just good old fashioned 3rd tri fun and insomnia!

So my obstetrician called today and all my bloods are fine. TSH 0.98, T4 10.9. I am not anemic and my glucose screening was fine. I guess this tiredness is just good old fashioned 3rd tri fun and insomnia!

Quite possibly, 3rd tri insomnia is destroying me right now!

It's awful isn't it? Can't quite get my head around cooking Christmas dinner for 8! Sleep please!!

It's awful isn't it? Can't quite get my head around cooking Christmas dinner for 8! Sleep please!!

You are insane to do the Christmas dinner in the midst of 3rd tri! I have refused to do it this year and we have been eating a lot of frozen pizzas and sandwiches for tea lately...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->