Anyone have really bad cramping, almost like contractions..

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
I am 6.5 weeks along with my second pregnancy. I got my bfp at 4 weeks (14dpo) & the next day had absolutely horrendous cramping, almost what early labour pains would feel like. It was so painful & went on for 2 hours until I finally had a bath & it died down a little while later.

My ds was born via c-section (due to being breech), so I don't know if what I was feeling was a very painful implantation due to the scarring from the section or if it could be an ectopic pregnancy. I am contemplating calling my GP tomorrow & requesting an early scan, but am not sure if they will let me? I have not had any shoulder tip pain or bleeding & since the horrible pain a few weeks back, I have had normal dull aches like I did with ds1, but I do tend to also get a little sore if I am carrying ds1 up & down the stairs (he is almost 17 months old)

Has this happened to anyone else, if so what was the outcome?

Thanks! x

my cramps were never that painful but i had alot of one-sided pain from 4 wks to 6 wks then it transitioned to uterine growth pain which feels just like menstrual cramps. i had tan spotting twice, and the second time i knew i caused it but the first time it was caused by my uterus stretching. the spotting was in the same week at 5 weeks. cramping wasnt with it though.

if you do have painful cramps its not recommended to hold off a check up on that because you never know whats really going on. my midwife told me at 4 wks to come in right away if anything like that happened.

I went to see my GP today & she spoke to the early maternity ward at the local hospital who want to see me, so going to try & make it in today to see them.

Yes, but mine was at 6w4d. I had a scan at 6w2d and saw baby and hb and then 2 days later I had some bright red bleeding with cramping that had me doubled over in pain and in tears. I thought I was miscarrying bc that was the same pain I had with my miscarriages. The bleeding and cramping lasted about 2 hours and then just stopped. I went for a scan the following week and baby was there and jsut fine (she's 16 months now). My OB couldn't find reason for the bleeding and commented that maybe the baby was just snuggling in better. GL

I'm 4 weeks exactly, also had a CS. I am having cramping and I'd say it's more pronounced than last time but not horribly painful. More like a dull ache and tightening than sharp pain. I'm not worried because I remember feeling a lot of odd things last time.

It's good you are getting checked out though if yours are v painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->