Anyone having a C Sec because of previous 3/4th degree tear?

tu123

Reaction score
I have to have a perineal scan first but with my symptoms i dont see how they can deny it.

I was told at my 8 week check i may need a c sec with the next labour. I am still having alot of gas and stuff i wont talk about:haha: My butt hole is so close to my wee hole-it scares me!

My problem is that we will move care at 28 weeks as i will be leaving the area and i am so scared the new hospital will deny it.

I havent even visited my gp with my continuing symptoms or even told my MW. I dont get why i havent. I am a nurse! I shouldnt be embarrassed!

Totally fecked up on this!

Iv just moved areas, my old area said I could try natural, this area is different, I met the midwife today and she wants to me to have a section, I have a appointment with the consultant a week on Friday to talk about it, but she said he's going to say the same as her and csection is safest for me after what happened and my recovery x

Thanks hun.

Can i askd what happened?

I had a horrible tear/cut with my first with over 30 stitches. It took me over 3 months to heal down there as I still had stitches in and I got a major infection 5 days PP. My OB is letting me decide which route I will go, but I am going with a section this time because of all the stuff that happened with my first

I had a 3rd/4th degree tear, (nobody can seem to agree!) I had to go to theatre to be stitched up with a spinal and was in there for 3 hours while they put me back together, was taking painkillers and laxatives for months afterwards, could not walk barely for weeks, couldn't sit down or stand up properly because if the stitches and had to have a step to get in the bath etc, also being away from my son for all that time affected our bonding and took me a long time mentally to get over that bit, still not really over it, x

I had a 3rd degree tear with Noah and I have also suffered a full prolapse (vagina, bowel and bladder) I now have urine control problems and fecal urgency. Also cannot stand for long peiods due to intense pain. I am told a c section is my best option due to the possibility of further damage in another vaginal delivery. Im still undecided, I am having a anal ultrasound at some point which if that shows any defects I have no choice but to section (this is pretty likely) if its just scar tissue causing the problems there then I have to chose whether I can risk more damage and a worse prolapse needing surgery which could end my childbearing days or do I section and leave myself with some chance of possibily being able to have another baby in the future. Im 70% sure of section, but think I will always feel that little bit disasppointed I didnt get to have another go at it so to speak :) xx

Like you im a 3rd/4th degree theyre not sure lol i had her on G&A and then was taken to theatre for the spinal (that before the tear would have been lovely!! lol) i was down in theatre for 3 hours so i only had 30 mins with DD before being whisked away. I had one 3rd/4th degree tear another tear not sure how bad and an episi with a forceps delivery. Afterwards i couldnt get off the sofa, go upstairs or do anything without help! It took me 3 months to stop laxatives and i was on painkillers for about 7 months. When i walked, after about 3/4 months my pelvic floor would burn and ache and id need to sit down if i didnt the pain would make me feel physically sick. It was horrible (I also got a similar ache if i sat on something hard for too long) It also took me 11 months to be able to have sex again, physically and emotionally it felt too much before that as i also had flashbacks.
Fastforward 3 years i suffer from fecal urgency (which was SO hard when potty training LO!!) my pelvic floor aches if i stand too long still and its much worse during ovulation and periods. I still tear during sex at my scar. Im currently 38w5d pregnant and although the consultant initially said i could go for natural i have now chosen a section. My scars ache, i cant touch my bum hole (not that im in the habit of this lol but wiping must be done with wipes as paper is too sore, its just so tender!)
My section is on Monday and i am happy with my decision. If i remember rightly if you have had a 3rd/4th degree tear you are automatically asked if you would like a section. If not you can push for it!
All the best i hope you have a happy, healthy birth next time around :) xxx

I had a 4th degree tear and was told not to attempt a natural birth, they told me this at my colorectal consultant apointment 6 and 12 months after having my son and again at my first midwife appointment for this baby.

When I saw the consultant at my 20 week scan he said he would strongly recommend a C-Section he said labour alone could be enough to cause problems let alone actually pushing the baby out. He gave me the impression that I didn't really have a choice in the matter.

Considering the reaction I had I'm surprised that other people havent had the same response I had you would think it would be the same across the board! I didn't dare ask if I could actually have a natural birth! x

I'm off to see my consultant on Friday morning to talk about having a section, (we've moved areas so not met her yet)
At my other hospital they told me there was no big risk with me going natural etc even though I've had problems but this hospital seems to disagree completely so will have to see what happens on Friday now !

I'm off to see my consultant on Friday morning to talk about having a section, (we've moved areas so not met her yet)
At my other hospital they told me there was no big risk with me going natural etc even though I've had problems but this hospital seems to disagree completely so will have to see what happens on Friday now !

Why is it they all cant agree!

Thank you ladies. I shall wait to see what the ultrasound shows and have a goo dthink!

Hey lovely i had my section last week and it was lovely, it ended up being an emergency elective section but it was lovely and so relaxed and calm compared to last time. Id definatley recommend a section. A carefree natural would be lovely but this way i felt i was in control and i really enjoyed my experience!! xxxx

Hey lovely i had my section last week and it was lovely, it ended up being an emergency elective section but it was lovely and so relaxed and calm compared to last time. Id definatley recommend a section. A carefree natural would be lovely but this way i felt i was in control and i really enjoyed my experience!! xxxx

Thank-you for your happy comments, am just beginning to come round to the idea of TTC later this year and am considering a c-section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->