• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone hear of an irregular gestational sac??

2eMommy

Reaction score
Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is long, I just want to put it all out there )

I am going crazy... and I dont think "google" is helping me out any!!

I had some persistant pain in my left side. No bleeding or other concerns. So my OB told me to come in to get checked out, try an US to make sure it isnt a tubal or anything.

My HcG level was 2226, so they proceeded with the scan since they were sure they would see something.

They did a transvag scan. The Dr. found what she said she thought was the sac, it was just not shaped like a perfect circle. She had small view of it that it looked almost like a teardrop on its side. Sometimes she would move the wand and it would look cirular. She wasnt sure about the age and quality of the machine and sent me to the Radiology department. There the tech did the scan and didnt even let me see the screen! But she gave me a run down saying that there is an irregular shaped gestational sac, and almost right next to it a perfect circular sac, possible a uterine cyst?

the doctor giving me the results told me that no fetal pole or yolk sac was seen but at only 5 weeks, it maybe too early for that just yet and not to worry. and that the shape of the sac doesnt matter at this stage. I am getting my levels tested again on wednesday and they are scheduling me for another ultrasound pending those results.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Majority of the things I see when I google are negative outcomes, but they are also associated with some sort of bleeding which I havent had any of thankfully.

I am just so confused and I cant get anyone to elaborate any further until my testing is repeated. Any input or theories? I am willing to entertain them all at this point to keep from going mad!

I have no input, but google is your enemy when stuff like this happens. I had complications in the third trimester with my first baby and my doctor finally told me to quit getting on the internet. Most of the things you find online are "worst case" scenarios. Try not to let yourself get too worried yet. 5 weeks is really early, hopefully your next ultrasound will show a strong heartbeat.

Keep us posted.

I have never heard of anything like that, but if it were me, I would call my OB and ask him about it. You've a right to know what's going on with your body. I always make sure to ask questions, and take up the doctors time if I need to, even when the doctor is in a rush. xoxo

i have heard of an irregular shape sac, I had one - but unfortunatelly mine was a blighted ovum and I miscarried due to this. The professional doing the scan didn't say that the irregular shaped sac was dangerous at all! I was 9 weeks when i had the scan and it looked like a banana, but it was collapsing on one side by the time we'd discovered this.

A friend of mine had a teardrop shaped sack and it all worked out fine for her, just like many other people :) I'm sorry if i've worried you - it wasn't my intention. But it's an irregular shape isn't uncommon and many pregnancies go on to have healthy babies, I was just one of the unfortunate people but miscarried due to the blighted ovum and not the irregular shaped sac.

I had a scan at 5 weeks with this pregnancy and the sac was empty too, but i'm now 15 weeks+ with a healthy baby! I hope everything is fine and try not to worry :)

Well mines looked all ragged like a burst balloon .. told to expect the worst

I went back today and was told it was perfectly round and had a yolk in it. They have put it down to it growing x try not to worry .. I know I did but with a little rest and a little faith im sure this will be alright. Pls keep in touch and let me know how u get on xx

I got my results from the betas I had taken yesterday, although she didnt give me an exact number, she said I was well over the 5,000 mark, so I slightly more than doubled in 2 days. Which makes me feel a little better. They went and scheduled me for another ultrasound Wednesday. Hopefully I will be able to update with some good news!!

The sac still isnt perfectly round but its looking alot more normal.

Plus the yolk sac and baby with a visible heartbeat made it a great appointment as well.

thanks for those who responded to me, I appreciate it.

Hurrah! That's fantastic news! Glad to hear it, hun!:hugs:

Hello. Just in case Someone is scouring this site looking for some answers like I was when I started the thread.
The irregular sac persisted but did eventually straighten itself out. I had a beautiful baby girl 3 weeks early but perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->