Anyone here about to give birth after having a bad tear on previous delivery?? x

Welsh mtb

Reaction score
After having a third degree tear on my first delivery, I am being offered the choice of a section on this baby. I am not too keen on the idea, but neither am I keen on the idea of another bad tear. Just wondered if anyone here is in a similar position and what decision you made? I am undecided on which way to go at the moment although i have plenty of time to decide.

Any experiences would be appreciated x

I had a pretty bad tear with my first, and am about 10 weeks away from having the second.

I can't even imagine my doctor ever giving me that option. Is it because they think your baby is big and might not fit? Was your first baby big?

Personally, I would rather have to heal from a third degree tear than from major abdominal surgery! I wouldn't choose a C-section unless it was a matter of the baby's safety.

Thanks for the reply, No my little girl was not a big baby just 7lb10oz, but although she was not that big she did get stuck in my pelvis, which resulted in forceps, and episiotomy which then extended into a third degree which went all the way through to my bum!
i actually didnt find the healing process from this too bad, had some physio and recovered pretty well - its the long term effects that worry me more, incontinence etc, and possibly suffering a 4th degree or fistula. x

Hmmm. Yeah, that's an interesting situation then. Maybe your doctor's concerned this baby will get stuck too, which might mean a C-section anyway.

Tough choice then. I agree, the idea of a 4th degree tear or a fistula is not appealing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->