Anyone here had a D&C last month and ready to ttc again???

claus81

Reaction score
I had a D&C last month due to blighted ovum :(

I want a baby so bad.. I feel ready to try again but doc said to wait 3 months :(

I was induced when I lost Evelyn and was told it is fine to try straight away. Apparently there is a study which was done a few yrs back which says there can be an advantage for next pregnancy in waiting a couple of cycles but my consultant told me most people ignore it anyway.

My cousin had a D & C at 16 weeks last October, she never had another period and her rainbow baby is healthy and due in the next month.

I have tried since the cycle after losing my baby and think you should do what feels right for you.

I am so sorry for your loss x

So sorry for your loss....
I also had a D and C a few weeks ago....but also had to have 2 doses of the Methotrixate ( spelling?) shot so I HAVE to wait 3 months due to the toxicity of the shots.....( possible baby birth defects)
Did you ask your dr. why you had to wait so long???
I really hope you get the go ahead to start again.....
I want to try again soooo badly...but know i can't until Sept/Oct.

Hi, I had a d&c on the 2nd of this month and have decided to start trying straight away. I know some people say you should wait and give your body some time but I just think if your bodys ready you will get pregnant and if it's not you wont. Also alot of people say your more fertile after a m/c and I don't want to lose out on any opportunity x

i think usually they say that to help you heal, physically and emotionally. My dr told me i could start trying as soon as i get my first period, which surprisingly was only 10 days after my d&c, which she said it normally is 4-6 weeks. My af was brownish and seemed like my body was still trying to clean up. No BFP that month but next af was like normal. Got my BFP 2 months and 5 days after my d&c. Wouldnt hurt to ask why they said to wait 3 months. Good luck!

Kiley

I had a d&c on May 26th and right now I am hoping for a little sticky bean ASAP.

I think this is the study SarahJane was referring to. Very interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10880232

I had a d&c on May 19th, and another on June 10th (due to retained tissue). We officially started trying again a few days ago. Every doctor or nurse I talked to told me something different. From 2 weeks to 6 months and everything in between. I think that what matters most is that you feel ready. Of course, if your doctor thinks you are at risk for infection or anything you should wait, but...I think you just need to do what feels right for you.

Thank you ladies for replying!!!

I had my d&c May 20th and still no AF... Have you'll had your first AF after the d&c?

Tinkerbelle2: how long are you waiting to start ttc again?

We are currently ntnp (not trying but not preventing)
was told it would be ok to start again but doing want to build hopes up so going down this route x

I'm letting one cycle pass before TTC. The consultant (who didn't speak great English, hardly anyone in hospital did and my Bosnian is non existent) wanted me to wait six months. I flatly refused, it takes me so long to get pregnant so no way I am hanging around.

Clare

I had D&C May 25th, and my doctor told me I only had to wait 1 cycle before trying. I asked her again and again if she was sure it wasn't too soon, and if she was sure my lining would be built back up and strong enough and she said "YES YES YES". She said there is no reason to have to wait more than 1 cycle, unless emotionally I wasn't ready. She said if I were to miscarry again, then she'd want me to wait a couple cycles.
So, I'm on day day 5 of my first cycle, and will start TTC right away this cycle. Good luck everyone, hopefully we all have better outcomes...

I've had two d&c's with different OB's. One said wait two cycles and the other said wait one cycle. My last d&c was May 31st and AF started yesterday. I want to start trying right away!

I've heard from many people that 1 month is enough but my doctor said 3 :( and my husband wants to wait the three months just to be on the safe side..

I still have two more cycles to go.. :)

After my MMC my doctor told me that a recent study has found a higher risk of birth defects if you get pregnant straight after a miscarriage. She told me to wait 3 months which I did, this is my third cycle after my MMC. Better to be safe than sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->