Anyone here had colposcopy treatment?

x Zaly x

Mum of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies i was just wondering if anybody here has ever had colposcopy treatment? It all started when i was bleeding after sex and i went to the doctors and they examined me and tested me for STI's and things, even though i knew i would definitely not have any because me and my husband have never been with anyone else. Anyway results came back and im all clear but have been referred to the hospital to have colposcopy treatment. I googled it and its basically a camera that gets put you know where and they check for cancer and anything else that could be the reason for the bleeding. Im scared because i have herd its sore and im obviously scared that it could be cancer. The bleeding still happens after sex which is making me more and more worried. Has anyone experienced this treatment? and is it sore? Thanks xx

ive had it done after my smear came back with not enough cells for a result

its not sore in fact its just the same feeling as a smear

I had my first a couple of years ago after an abnormal smear. It doesn't hurt and is just like having a smear. The camera does not go inside you- it just points up there! I might be weird but it's quite interesting to look at the screen and see what your insides look like.
Anyway It turned out that I had precancerous cells which had to be removed. But they weren't cancer and it was all removed successfully. I have to go back for colposcopy and smear every 6 months for 5 years and every 12 months for 5 years after that. It's become 'normal' for me and it has never once hurt!
Easier said than done bu try not to worry too much.

I had cin2 and had them cut out, i was terrified, but the lady was rly nice, bit like having a smear done then they can get a good look at the cervix, i had an injection to numb mine so they could remove the cells, and to be honest i didnt ever feel a thing, and i was a wimp crying expecting to feel something, and nothing, always best to get checked, they can do many things now good luck hun tc :)

Colposcopy treatment isn't always to detect cancer, especially if you haven't had an abnormal smear result so don't worry :hugs: There's a number of non-cancerous reasons for bleeding after sex, and if there's no other symptoms then there's hope it's not got anything to do with cancer.

I had a colposcopy last week and it didn't hurt at all, just felt a little uncomfortable having the speculum inserted and removed, but that's mostly because I'm allergic to most lubricants so they couldn't use one on me!

:hugs:

I had one and had a biopsy taken from my cervix as I had bleeding too. Turned out to be nothing, I had cervical erosion, which is basically the skin on the cervix thinning and breaking during sex. They send you for a colposcopy to investigate it further to rule things out rather than to treat anything, so don't worry, and it's also really interesting to watch the TV screen. lol

I have had
A colposcopy
A cone biopsy
LLETZ (large-loop excision of the transformation zone) or loop diathermy
As I have had pre cancerous cells it's uncomfortable but it's the same as a smear really, don't worry is easier said than done I know all to well PM me for ANY questions and I'll do my best to help

Well everyones comments were helpful, thank you. You have all said its like a smear but i have never had a smear because im too young lol. x

I was 'too young' to hunny, I promise it's not too bad. Did you ever have anything done when you were pregnant 'down there' like early scans etc ?

I was 'too young' to hunny, I promise it's not too bad. Did you ever have anything done when you were pregnant 'down there' like early scans etc ?

No not any scans down there, only on my stomach. x

I had a colposcopy about 3 months ago. I too had bleeding after sex and so my doctor referred me straight away. It turned out to be cervical erosion and it was treated there and then. I found the procedure pretty painless and I'm very squeamish about that sort of thing. It was one of the best things I've done as it also cured my pre-AF spotting.
I'm sure it will be cervical erosion and that can be sorted really easily. Good luck and let us know how it goes xxx

Well everyones comments were helpful, thank you. You have all said its like a smear but i have never had a smear because im too young lol. x

You have never had a pap smear? That's crazy. Here in the United States where I'm from anyways, it's always been mandatory to get one. You usually get it at your first prenatal visit, regardless of what age you are. :flower:

I'm in the same boat hun- bleeding after sex, sometimes bleeding for no reason.
My smear came back showing CIN1 so I have a colposcopy booked for the 11th Nov, we have a strong family history of cervical cancer so I'm really scared :(
Hopefully you'll be ok- the cervical erosion thing seems to be quite common- I dont think the colposcopy is anything to worry about :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->