Anyone here on homeswapper? Desperate to move!

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone here is on home swapper??..... I have been on there for months and had no luck. Has anyone used it and had success? I can't stand living here anymore. It's driving me nuts!

Me, my OH and LO live in a tiny studio and I just want to move now. Had enough of the cramped living! It is council and I'm looking to stay with them as we want a place we can really make home and where LO can have a good life, and sadly, we could never afford a mortgage, even though OH works his butt off! :(

Does anybody know if we should get moved when LO turns one?? Will we be legally overcrowded then? Because supposedly she doesn't count as a person until she's one.... And then she still only counts as a half!

Sorry for the rant! Just need to start thinking of options and looking for advice! X

My inlaws have swapped a couple of times :)

I don't know if you would be legally overcrowded, my council counts LO as a 'person' as soon as they are born, so I guess it depends on the council. Have you spoken to them? x

Im finding it so hard to swap because nobody wants a studio :(

Oh really, must be different for certain areas.... im giving them a call tomorrow and enquiring. I cant stay here much longer, its driving me crazy being in such a small space. It cant be good for LO either xx

I'm on home swapper more for the area not due to space. I'd apply again to the housing to see if you could be re housed as we were allowed to have LOs bedroom when I was pregnant xx

Im on 2 different boroughs housing lists but it will take at least 5 years for us to even hav a chance, as we are using a bidding system :( xx

I swapped on homeswapper.. Hang in there, people are looking to downsize now because of the bedroom tax.

Everyday is a struggle here now :( im looking into other options because ive had enough of being here! Xx

our council says that as soon as LO turns 1 she needed her own room..

can u not rent? x

We are looking into renting privately but we would be extremely tight on money. We struggle as it is. My OH is reluctant to but i think its our only option xx

We are looking into renting privately but we would be extremely tight on money. We struggle as it is. My OH is reluctant to but i think its our only option xx

it was my only option :(
my rent is paid for by the council though. When i was with ex they topped our rent up for us but now i get it paid in full. xx

I'm hoping we will be entitled to local housing allowance. Is that what you get? We will still have to stay here for a while as we need to save up a deposit which won't be easy! Xx

Your council may help with your deposit if you decided to go private, I know ours does so worth looking into.

I'm on home swapper have been since 2012 I have a two bed house H/A with driveway front & back garden two toilets upstairs & down stairs. Well maintained and decorated, I've been living here since my son was a toddler it's been 18years i'm so desperate for a fresh start, but I find I'm losing hope on Homeswapper i'm looking for a two bedroom house in a different area. But I feel there are too many time wasters on there! even though I'm aware that it's a tough decision moving.
I started conversing with the lady I met on Home swamper it became clear to me viewing homes was a hobbie to her. WOW!

The last one I tried to swap with wasn't even a housing Association tenant she had no form of photo ID, she tried helplessly to make one up it was her work a badge she stuck a picture on it and then wrapped selloptape around it completely different from the one I saw around her neck when I went to view her house, she became extremely defensive towards my housing officer when asked for further photo ID cause the one that was provided was unacceptable.
I see that as a lucky Escape!

I've totally lost hope now. I've not been successful on home swapper!
I'll be coming off in September when my membership expires.

Rana :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->