Anyone here on prednisone and progesterone and are you tapering?

Oh I understand the ob being cautious as you have lupas. It's better safe than sorry and the clexane doesn't cause any harm to your baby. Thats horrible just finishing the antibiotics and getting sick again. I really do believe things will be better in the second trimester. Or if you're already in the second trimester in the third. Perhaps you should still be on the steroids? I thought when having lupas you should be on steroids throughout pregnancy. How many weeks are you?

Im honestly am at my wits end with everything going on with me. It's all been since end of March and no signs of it going away. I've also suffered with the RA and spine issues since early teens. My gps are confused by me, so I'm seeing a rheumatologist consultant privately this week. The symptoms you mention I have also minus the liver one. The weird rashes I get have been the most scary. They're in a circular shape and mine usually come with swelling of my joints just after being ill. No ones ever been able to tell me why or what this is. Ive just been given a second course of antibiotics. My chest/throat feels a bit better but I'm coughing almost constantly now and it's awful. Still waking with my squeezed ribs at 3am! It's so horrible no one knows why this is happening. I'm only 9 weeks so really hoping I get better by the second trimester!

I'm 23 weeks today so already well into the second trimester. I've been feeling pretty good except for the pneumonia. I think the third trimester is going to be tiring. They generally try to avoid steroids as much as possible but they're one of the only things that can be safely taken in pregnancy. I've had some short courses of them (2-4 weeks) and have more I can take if I need them but it's best to avoid them if you can.

It sounds like you might be dealing with something similar. Hopefully your rheumatologist can offer some suggestions. I found the second trimester to be much better than the first. Hopefully you find the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->