Anyone here on public healthcare? Warning: Kind of long

ChellePepper

Reaction score
PM me if you don't want to talk about it over an open forum, but I have some eligibility questions.

I wait tables, so I don't have any insurance and my company doesn't offer any. While I have a degree and have been trying to find a job, it's rough out there for a communications major. :nope:

I won't be in my second tri until after the first of the year, when, to my understanding, I will be covered from day one under the new private plans. That was my plan, just pay out of pocket until the first of the year when my insurance kicks in. Well, I got on the Colorado Marketplace and it said since I am pregnant and within a certain income, I must apply and be denied for medicaid / CHP+ before I can apply for the new healthcare policies. :shrug:

According to www.cchp.org, I qualify for CHP+ under my monthly and weekly income, but not my hourly (because I average $30/hour, but only work a 20 hours a week. And I'm JUST under the other two qualification for a 2 person household. Anyone know what my chances are of being approved? I'm really fine with either, but it would be nice to be able to save for a new car (we have a truck with no backseat) instead of paying a large premium.

I would go ahead and apply. If you qualify for medicaid for pregnant women, your baby will also be covered when it's born. My friend had it and both she and her hubby worked, but just didn't make a lot. Good luck. My lo is almost 6 months old and i just finished paying off her birth LOL

Sorry, I know I didn't really answer your question. If I'm not mistaken tho, I think they count the unborn baby as a household member when looking at the income requirments. (don't take that for fact tho, it just seems she told me that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->