anyone in kent had a csection at darent valley hospital?

mummy244

Reaction score
Hi everyone
IM new just come across the forums!
I have 2 children already, this is my third, both were born by section. My first son was induced at 38+4 due to pre eclampsia. After 9 hours in labour his heartbeat started deteriating and they rushed me in for an emergency section. It was the most scariest moments of my life. Thankfully he was fine and is now a happy 5 year old! After all that trauma I elected my second c section 2 years later. The section was better then the first but my son somehow had managed to get stuck and forceps were used with force to release him. I also had a reaction to the spinal which made me feel very sick and spaced out. I recovered quickly and once on the ward (even though I know I couldn't) felt like going for a walk with my baby. I think I was just relieved things had gone OK after this first baby's trauma. Both of my sons were born in the same hospital, this has now closed.
This time around I have had to change hospitals, I have been told I will have an elective section at 38-39 weeks. I get my date this Tuesday. Problem is I'm terrified to think I have got to go through the whole thing again. I was so calm right up to the morning of the section with my last son, even after all the trauma at the back of my head with my first. This time I have been very tearful from near enough the beginning with panic and sometimes feel on the verge of a panic attack. I can't put my finger on why. All I can think is its the change of hospital. As silly as it sounds (even to me) the last hospital knew me and my background, I saw the same midwives both times, I didn't have to explain anything from first birth they knew. I have heard so many good stories about darent valley and have had no problems with them so far but still can't seem to shake this panic.
Most people I've spoke to have had normal births there so I'm just looking for anyone who has had a section there to tell me their experiences. I'm 35 weeks so only have around 3 weeks to go!
Also am I right in saying they only do elective sections on certain days?
Sorry for the long post!!

I can't speak from personal experience as I only had a natural birth there but I do know they only seem to do elective sections on Wednesday mornings. I'm facing the possibility of an elective section with twins and to be honest I don't think I would be comfortable anywhere else. We're you at Queen Mary's before?

Thank you. i thought thats what i had heard about elective csections on wednesdays only!. I am/was hoping that they would let me have the section at 38+4 which is on a friday after past experiences. So i may be in for a battle with them to let me go earlier :wacko: Will prepare myself for that on tuesday then!
Yes i was at queen marys before, i found i ok there but so many people have said they had bad experiences. I have been told compared to queen mary darent is better.

I had an emergency section there in 2011, so can't help with dates, but the c section care was very good and all the midwives were very helpful. My most recent birth was under a consultant who does sections, he was very informative and friendly even when getting out the forceps LOL.

I like darent valley, it's clean and I always feel in good hands there.

Oh, forgot to add, I got very upset and frightened with my emcs and the staff were reassuring. I had a student midwife who was like a mum, she was so helpful and I felt like I could trust her completely.

With an elcs can you meet the surgeon beforehand? Just wondering if that would help.

Hi. I've had all three bsbies there. Ranging from natural to emergency section to planned section last time.

They were great and care was great. Make sure you get your pre meds at your next apt as they forgot to give me mind and it slowed the process down a little. I had the. First apt. It meant I had to get there super early but they are ready for you unless emergency, but any delay will be limited. They do 3 sections a day planned ones. I had my little boy before 10am as there was an emergency but only added 30min wait. Your in the recovery room opposite theatre. Walked in with hubby as he had all his gear up front. Then wheeled out less than an hour later. Waited in recovery for hour or two then to the ward.

They were fab. Don't panic they were really good. Also ask midwife about ticket at car park as hubby won't have to pay full amount as hell be with you a long time. There is something you say to the attendants and the rate is reduced.

Hope that helps.

Hope you don't mind me being nosy mrsd but what day did you have csection on? I'm really hoping to have mine by 38+4 which is a Friday but am fearful they won't allow this. Do you mean they do up to 3 csections a day?
Thank you for all your posts they have calmed me a little! Always a weird feeling though knowing what your heading towards, shame men never seem to understand your fears!

Hey

I just had to look the day up for his birth. It was a Thursday. I'm pretty sure they do any day mon till fri. Yes they do 3 sections a day first person comes in at 8. Think next was 9.30 ish and third was 11. May have that wrong but it is something like that. They were really flexible with days. My hubby works away a lot and they said we will see if we can work round it. They suggest a day but they discuss it fully. They get the diary out and look through it with you.

Glad I could be of some assistance. Also they did a spinal block with me on the planned section not epi. So I could feel my legs much wuicker. Was home on sat morning but could have gone home on fri night. But didn't want to bring baby home at night.

Thank you so much that's made me feel calmer. I had spinal block with both boys so have not had an epi to compare to but I have heard that it takes longer to get feeling back with an epi so if I get the choice I think I will have a spinal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->