Anyone know about exercise...and food?

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi :flower:
I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff I really need some help!
I am 5ft 2 and weigh 7 stone 3. I was 6 stone 12 which was underweight so saw a dietician who told me what changes to make to my diet such as full fat milk etc and it worked but now even though I am around a normal weight for my very small height.... I am fat! My body is such a weird shape though, the top half is too skinny with no boobs :cry: but the bottom half is way too big, like my ass really is huge and my thighs also! And my belly is no longer flat it hangs over my jeans a little which makes me feel awful. And my whole body is wobbly I really want to tighten it up.
Only problem is I have no idea where to start or what to do.

Please please could someone help me?

Thankyou :flower:

Your bmi is the bare minimum for your height, 18.5. So I highly doubt you're fat sweetie, I'm 5ft 2-3, I weigh more than you but I feel healthy.

It sounds more like you need to tone up if you're so self conscious about your body. Do some exercise, maybes yoga, Pilates, strength training. I wouldn't try to lose any weight if I were you.

:) chin up, and congratulations on getting your weight to a healthier weight! X

BMI is the biggest load of bull ever. My brother is very muscular and has hardly any fat on him but he is considered "obese" (he is quite short) for his weight even though he is pure muscle.

I've started at the gym and I do 45 mins of cardio 3 times a week and strength training twice a week (either on the weights or the milon circle thingy). While I'm already fat and need to lose tonnes of weight, I have noticed a considerable amount of toning happening especially in my legs and arms. Can't tell in the belly area yet as its covered in layers of fat lol. I find the cross trainer is really good at burning cals and toning legs bum arms and stomach if you can do it without holding it.

Sadly you can't spot target places that are a bit flabby than others. Wish you could though.

Honestly I think the problem is your body image, not your weight. 7st 3 is teeny! And you've only put on 6lbs, I really don't think that will have pushed you from underweight to fat and wobbly! It really sounds like you're not seeing yourself the way you really are. Could you talk to your doctor or dietician about your concerns? I bet you are beautiful :hugs:

Did you do a body fat analysis Hun? I'm not skinny my bmi is 22, I'm the same height as you but I have a 34% of body fat & low muscle tone. Go to the gym, & work on building your muscles with strength exercises. I need to loose 10 kgs of fat & add 8 kgs of muscles. So I only need to loose 2 kgs in total which is not much but it's hard work as I need to burn the accumulated fats then add muscles weight. Cardio exercises only won't help in building muscles, you need heavy weights to build the muscles & tone up your body.

BMI is not an indicator of healthy weight & body, my trainer's weight is similar to mine but her body fat is 15-16% only, she's really toned, she does not have big muscles.

To add weight the right way you need to add healthy calories to your diet, fatty foods are ok as long as you're not mixing it with carbs, up your protein intake even if it's fatty protein as long as you're exercising, cut down on empty food like fizzy drinks, carbs & simple sugar. If you need to add weight it should be done the right way, you need to feed your muscles not the fats that cover those muscles xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->