Anyone know anything about operations?

ShadowSeer

Mummy to Savannah.
Reaction score
Hi all.

Im having heart surgery in October, and was wondering if anyone has any advice on getting through it. I had a c section just over 1 month ago, and that was easy to recover from IMO...but open heart surgery is scaring the cr@p out of me...

How long will it take me to recover?
Will I be able to care for my LO?

I never get any answers from my consultant, always says 'just wait and see'. I dont want to wait. I want to be prepared.

Thanks ladies.:flower:

have you had a look online to see if there is a support group for this with people who have had the same op??
i work in orthopaedics and its really difficult to give a recovery time as every one has a different pain threshold and healing rate, we have little old ladies who have their broken ip fixed out of bed the next day but some younger people with broken legs refuse to get up and about.
good luck x

I guess it depends on the type of surgery, if your having your chest opened it will be a lot longer then if you having it key hole style or angio type surgery.

If your having full open heart surgery then they will need to open your rib cage and your scaring will be much bigger, if thats the case it will be a fairly long recovery, but you will be given painkillers to help but i would suggest having people around to help with baby.

If it not full open heart surgery then it would be much less recovery time and I am sure will be back to normal in no time. although you may still need some help as you will be tired etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->