Anyone know how long a PayPal refund takes?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I bought hubby a 2nd hand game off eBay for his xbox. I won the tjem and paid immediately. 3 days later I received an email off the seller saying that as he went to post it he noticed the disk was badly scratched so he will issue me a full refund.

The money left my bank account the next day, 4 days after buying the item. I logged into my PayPal and it shows the money leaving my account and then the money with a plus sign next to it and it says refund and completed. It's said this since Thursday but the money hasn't gone back into my bank account yet. It hasn't gone into my PayPal balance either because my PayPal balance is zero.

Has anyone any idea how long the money will take to go back into my bank?

Does it say anything about it being placed in a temporary hold? When you pay for something PayPal pay with their own funds so that seller gets instant payment but you reimburse them - this takes some time for the money to get from your account to theirs and they won't give you back the money until they have received it. It shouldn't take more than a week.

Does it say anything about it being placed in a temporary hold? When you pay for something PayPal pay with their own funds so that seller gets instant payment but you reimburse them - this takes some time for the money to get from your account to theirs and they won't give you back the money until they have received it. It shouldn't take more than a week.

No it doesn't mention a temporary hold. It just shows that it's been refunded and when I click on it it says completed on the 1st December but on the 1st december the money hadn't even left my account.

Now on my online banking statement it shows the money went out last week but it hasn't gone back in. I don't know what to do but kind of need the money back :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->