Anyone know the statistics?

Shezzy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

I have just entered my 12 week :happydance:

This is my third pregnancy, 2 previous miscarriages at around 6 weeks. Dr has me on progesterone till end of this week. I have had an emergency scan at 7 weeks, saw heartbeat and everything was just were it should be. Then had a private scan at 11weeks and heard heartbeat, 161. Everything looked great.

My question is does anyone know the chances of miscarrying now or the chances of it all going well. I have my dating scan this thursday and am soo nervous to the point i am having anxiety pains. My symptoms are going and my biggest fear is finding out baby had passed a few days prior to scan.

Xx

Most studies agree that the risk of miscarrige after 12 weeks is 3% or under. 2% if a heartbeat has been found after 9 weeks. Although a lot of things can vary that like age, previous losses, successful pregnancies and lifestyle choices.

Hope that helps :)

I googled the statistics for this yesterday and was pleasantly surprised - once you've seen a HB at 7 weeks the risk is only a few percent :)

i'm curious as well.... my first pregnancy was a live birth.. but the two following were early miscarriages at 4 and 5 weeks... i am also on progesterone this time ! crossing my fingers for both of us <3

Breathe a little easier hun... i jad a mc at 11 weeks with my first pregnancy (baby stopped growing at 6 weeks or so and body didnt recognize it) ... after that my doctor sent me for an early scan at 5w and 7w with ds and assured me that once there is a hb everything is normally absolutely fine and the risk is around 2% from there on in and thats super low and subject to factors and lifestyle etc.

Sounds like you should relax and look forward to your scan :) x

Can not thank you all enough for your replies. Wish i could learn to relax, all seems well so far. Looking forward to the scan just for extra reasurrance.

Wishing you all a healthy happy pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->